Dried Blood Stains (Lingering Post-Slaughter Visuals)

This is just something small that I think would feel pretty good to see in game.

When I’ve gone through and slashed about 30+ zombies down with nothing but a blood-drenched machete and the tattered rags on my back to show for it, when I come back the following day and look at the crystal clean streets and the pristine corpse pile sitting there all neat and tidy, I just don’t feel very good about it. There’s something called a blood “stain” in game when there’s x number of blood splatters stacked together, but they just evaporate in about an hour anyway. Even the big puddles fade away, which doesn’t make very much sense when you think about it. When there’s that much gore compiled in one location, there’s going to be residue, and a lot of it.

Just a minor request. I know realism’s a pretty big consideration in the mechanics of the game so I feel like lingering effects like this that you’d have to manually go and clean up would be something worth implementing. That and the tissue bits. I think those should linger too, if they don’t already.

Look at it this way: now the mop actually has a bigger role when you want to start decorating, or tidy up the base you just defended. Can’t have those nasty blood stains just eating into the floorboards.

Maybe that’d be a nice feature too: gotta pour bleach or cola onto the stains and then mop up the rest to make the really big spots go away, cuz blood stains.

Yeah. That’s my input. Would really help the atmosphere, I think. That and who doesn’t love more gore?

Flesh rots-
tissue is essentialy flesh so it should rot as well

as for blood pudles .

if they are not indoors theres always a chance that they get washed of by rain.
they should also be subject to rotting.
but maybe they can be tweaked to turn into dried blood and linger a bit longer then rot away.
i agree it would add to immersion but pls if it affects performance make it optional.

Yesssssssssss. Because gore.

you MONSTER D:

…honestly i can’t see this game having performance problems. You’d have to be running windows XP for this thing to really tax a machine. That or have about 200 kilobytes of RAM.

…honestly i can’t see this game having performance problems. You’d have to be running windows XP for this thing to really tax a machine. That or have about 200 kilobytes of RAM.[/quote]

;-;

Also, i really think this would be hella cool. And with tiles, even better.

8gig ram win 7 3.6 gh quad core.

I got Issues with performance when i have many enemies or items on the screen. It got better lately but i still haven t slept smooth in ages.
Performance is a huge issue actually do not unterestimate it at all.

The odd stain of dried blood would be nice. BUT CAN I LICK IT UP TO RESTORE 1 HUNGER?!

Damn why didn t i think of that !!! +1

8gig ram win 7 3.6 gh quad core.

I got Issues with performance when i have many enemies or items on the screen. It got better lately but i still haven t slept smooth in ages.
Performance is a huge issue actually do not unterestimate it at all.[/quote]

Then I guess that’s more of a game optimization thing, isn’t it?

Idk. I’m hardly informed on the topic but it puzzles me that there’d be anything debilitating from this kind of game. The graphics are far from demanding and the calculations are just kinda checklists.

Ask and ye shall recieve!
https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/10146

That’s why we love Roy. And the devs. Just love you people.

thats one fast cat.

Holy crap, just like that?

Well then. Guess that solves that.

I don’t like the change because now it’s like 4 days sitting in one place for the blood to go away, no matter the rain.
If decorative fields retroactively applied time, got removed by rain etc. then it would be cool to have long-lasting blood fields.
Now craft/sleep bases will still be clean (still no need for mops), but there will be seas of “dried” blood just outside the reality bubble.

Also, long-lasting blood impairs corpse pile identification (dead zombie type, items on top of the pile etc.) and IMO visibility matters infinitely more than cool effects.

Grab a mop, good sir. Now they might actually have a use (unless you can’t actually mop away the blood.)

Yeah, mops will cleanup any old blood, gib, bile, or most other bodily fluid messes just fine. And AFAIK items and stuff should always be displaying on top of blood fields, since it’s set to the lowest “ground level” priority in the code.

Actually i read the PR and it just makes the blood last longer, but it will go away!

…honestly i can’t see this game having performance problems. You’d have to be running windows XP for this thing to really tax a machine. That or have about 200 kilobytes of RAM.[/quote]

Try accidentally setting a mansion on fire and using Mshock32’s tileset. :slight_smile: I’m sure it would do the same with any given tileset, though. I don’t know what it would do playing in ASCII though, I haven’t tried that yet.

Try accidentally setting a mansion on fire and using Mshock32’s tileset. :slight_smile: I’m sure it would do the same with any given tileset, though. I don’t know what it would do playing in ASCII though, I haven’t tried that yet.[/quote]

Actually fire can lag you even without tilesets. I think it’s because it makes smoke and it also creates the heatmaps and stuff and it burns this and explodes that and you know.