Dreams

My idea is simple: when you wake up there is a small (10, maybe 20 percent? somewhere in that range) that you wake up with good dreams or nightmares. Good dream would give you a morale bonus that lasts until you get tired again, and nightmares do the opposite.
There could be two new starter traits: Lucid Dreamer (increases the frequency of good dreams) and Night Terrors (increases the frequency of nightmares)
The size of the morale bonus/malus would be random, but it would probably be small, and very rarely, medium sized.

we do kinda already get these but,

+1.0

This sounds relatively simple to implement and I don’t see any reason why this shouldn’t be in the game.

+1

Yeah, even better if there are specific messages that describe what you dreamt of.

It would be really awesome if your dreams would adapt according to what you experienced recently. Almost died after getting smashed by a zombie hulk? Be ready for nightmares.
Even better if the dream would then include you being smashed around by hulks.

But for now I am also happy with purely random dreams.

Given how the “purpose” of dreams is to “train” yourself for real life, perhaps dreams can give you skill bonuses or at least hinder skill decay.

It could be a nice way to take the edge off the harsher skill degrade settings without it becoming a nontrivial thing.

“you dream of foraging the undergrowth finding piles of cocaine!” “you remember some of your survival lessons more clearly”

Psychic dreams trait: You dreams have a tendency to predict future events
on a side note. has anyone ever dreamed someone else’s dream? I mean there was an incidence a few years back in which I dreamt someone else’s dream.