Deterioration question

So I have a companion that has chaos as well as the deterioration trait. My question is…Will I have to mercy kill him eventually. What does this trait do to people exactly? And can I cure/save him?

Genetic Chaos forces you to randomly mutate. Without Robust Genetics, chances for disadvantageous mutations are significantly more likely, and Deterioration downgrades into Disintegration. These mutations cause pain and damage at regular intervals, eventually resulting in taking more damage than you regenerate and, ultimately, a gooey death.

http://cddawiki.chezzo.com/cdda_wiki/index.php?title=Disintegration

Thing is, with Genetic Chaos and Deterioration, he’s already on the Chimera path. My advice is to either cram him with as much purifier as you can make, or as much mutagen as you can make and hope he mutates away the Deterioration, although with GC it’s only a matter of time before it comes back. He might melt into goo by mutating or (unlikely) become the luckiest bastard alive and mutate into a nigh-unstoppable combat monster.

“The candle that burns twice as bright lasts half as long” if you can’t cure him, let him go out in a blaze of glory!

I think it’s quite appropriate that the “best” mutation lines come with Deterioration/Disintegration as a possible negative, I’ve never gone down the chimera path but you can make a survivor into a nigh unkillable murder machine with a combination of the alpha/elf-a/medical lines if you’re willing to put in the time and effort required so having Deterioration/Disintegration makes a lot of sense.

2 Likes

He’s already packed with total crap mutations. Poor Reggie. Look at the flowers Reggie. Aren’t they pretty.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Can him into sap soup. He’ll last longer that way.

1 Like

Nawp. He already received a funeral pire. He’s been with her since the first week. Maddy is sad.

Q.Q the sadness is real.

1 Like