DEBUG: Submap at 1,2,3 has (X) fields but (y) field_count

0.C-2844 (99b4f83)
SDL
Windows 7

I upgraded my few-weeks-old experimental to the latest experimental (O.C-2844) and played for a while. Suddenly I start getting messages of the form in the subject, e.g.
DEBUG: Submap at 1,5,0 has 55 fields but 71 field_count

I spacebar through the message. Next action I take there’s two messages. Then three. (Debug mode is off by the way) Effectively unplayable.
Did I just get hit with an incompatible save?

Save file

Probably bad save, but it should be handled more nicely. I didn’t get the debug message while testing, so I left it as debug spam (it is moderately important).

EDIT:
Do you have any “exotic” fields on the map? The fact that this bug occurs suggests that some field-creating effects aren’t doing their job, which will still negatively affect the performance of the game even after I remove the debug spam.

Thankfully it was the last thing KA101 merged yesterday, so the version just-before-the-last should work.

EDIT 2:
While testing your save I also noticed a separate bug: when rocks count as ammo (Blazemod?), fire can spawn on them as if they were flammable. Will have to do away with this ugly ( is_ammo() && is_not_arrow/water/etc. ) hack in flammable item check…

I got this too on version 2844. I killed a zombie on while it was on a bench and got an submap error. I also can’t get past the message. It just keeps repeating over and over.

Get an earlier version for now (until 2845 comes out). Only 2844 is affected.

Great, thanks for the help.

Tech issues on my end mean merging the fix has been pushed back a few builds. I’m grabbing it ASAP and will post when the fix goes live.

Update: Broken build for Code::Blocks, apparently wasn’t fixed after all. I can’t build mergetests, so can’t merge this. Sorry.

Rolling back to 2843 does not fix the problem. 2840 does. (Haven’t tried 2841 and 2842).

if it helps i think this bugs out when it starts raining, at least 3 games it did start to pop out those messages when it started raining outside and i was in my hq all the time without any problems before

Still get that debug messages in 2849. Cant wait for cure )

Due to technical problems (buggy compiler bundled with CodeBlocks), a big merge that was supposed to happen yesterday got delayed. For now play 2840 - not much changed since then.

Or maybe even the stable 0.C version. Currently the gameplay differences from stable are:

[ul][li] Tailoring kit can add wool lining (if you have used it in your save, you might not be able to go back)[/li]
[li] Steel bolt recipe[/li]
[li] Butchery products have more random drops (numbers of bones, meat etc. aren’t proportional, CMBs aren’t all-or-nothing)[/li]
[li] Eating ketchup gives more nutrition[/li]
[li] An option to set dynamic NPC spawn rate exists[/li]
[li] Rain washes off blood/guts and gases (it’s the feature that caused the bug this thread is about) and causes much less lag than it did before[/li]
[li] Grenades and similar items don’t work (also my fault, fix is waiting for merge)[/li][/ul]

Other than that it’s mostly technical changes.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:10, topic:9107”]Due to technical problems (buggy compiler bundled with CodeBlocks), a big merge that was supposed to happen yesterday got delayed. For now play 2840 - not much changed since then.

Or maybe even the stable 0.C version. Currently the gameplay differences from stable are:

[ul][li] Tailoring kit can add wool lining (if you have used it in your save, you might not be able to go back)[/li]
[li] Steel bolt recipe[/li]
[li] Butchery products have more random drops (numbers of bones, meat etc. aren’t proportional, CMBs aren’t all-or-nothing)[/li]
[li] Eating ketchup gives more nutrition[/li]
[li] An option to set dynamic NPC spawn rate exists[/li]
[li] Rain washes off blood/guts and gases (it’s the feature that caused the bug this thread is about) and causes much less lag than it did before[/li]
[li] Grenades and similar items don’t work (also my fault, fix is waiting for merge)[/li][/ul]

Other than that it’s mostly technical changes.[/quote]

The compiler is significantly outdated, but since it’s the supported version we design to that spec. The compiler is not buggy. Thanks.

I recall someone explicitly calling it a bug and saying that version just before the one bundled doesn’t have the issue.

I recall someone explicitly calling it a bug and saying that version just before the one bundled doesn’t have the issue.[/quote]

Tell the C::B team, they call 4.7.1 rock-solid and use it to build C::B itself, last I checked.

Fix for the issue was merged.

You’re welcome.

Fine…

KA101 merged the fix.

Shiny. Thank you all.