"Deal with Informant" and "Clear Back Bay" quests broken. (Kinda)

All right, so I finally found a refugee center, I smashed a boarded up window to get through. (Is that the only way?) Turns out I was in the “Back Bay” area related to a quest given from an NPC. I slaughtered them all, then made my way into the refugee camp. Took the quest, went back, of course nothing was there, so I tried to turn in the quest. Nope. Doesn’t register that I killed them before. I know it could be avoided, but just thought I’d give a heads-up.

Also, the deal with informant quest seems broken for me. Talked to the person, passed a speech check, then killed him after he became hostile. Went to turn in the quest at the liason, didn’t register that I killed him. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Refugee center should have an open front door where the merchant & arsonist are.

Back bay, well, here I thought GalenEvil only spawned when you took the quest (there’s a hella lag burst on mine whenever it assigns a mission). Only ever did the informant op once and it worked that time.

In any event, thanks for reporting.

[quote=“KA101, post:2, topic:8684”]Refugee center should have an open front door where the merchant & arsonist are.

Back bay, well, here I thought GalenEvil only spawned when you took the quest (there’s a hella lag burst on mine whenever it assigns a mission). Only ever did the informant op once and it worked that time.

In any event, thanks for reporting.[/quote]
Weird. Didn’t find him. I’ll spawn him in to complete the quest. Thanks a lot!

[quote=“Major_Monocle, post:3, topic:8684”][quote=“KA101, post:2, topic:8684”]Refugee center should have an open front door where the merchant & arsonist are.

In any event, thanks for reporting.[/quote]
Weird. Didn’t find him. I’ll spawn him in to complete the quest. Thanks a lot![/quote]

I was a bit flippant there: the target is a “shocker zombie: Sean McLaughlin” or somesuch. Named for the paid Kickstarter dev who disappeared before completing the objectives (but completing the time).

Ah, ok, thanks a lot!

About the “Deal with Informant” quest, you have to talk to the right person, which will give you the special dialogue options. After you pass the speech check, he becomes hostile and you kill him, right? Or is there more to it?

I had this happen to me recently. Turns out he spawned outside the actual bay, but in the correct map tile. Did you check outside of the centre?

[quote=“Major_Monocle, post:5, topic:8684”]Ah, ok, thanks a lot!

About the “Deal with Informant” quest, you have to talk to the right person, which will give you the special dialogue options. After you pass the speech check, he becomes hostile and you kill him, right? Or is there more to it?[/quote]

That’s how it worked for me.

Ahhhh… I see. :smiley: I’ll take a look, thanks!

@KA101, hm, yeah, that’s what I did. Ah well, no biggie. I probably just messed something up.

By the way, are the basements in the refugee camps complete? Or is that a WIP?

Ahhhh… I see. :smiley: I’ll take a look, thanks!

@KA101, hm, yeah, that’s what I did. Ah well, no biggie. I probably just messed something up.

By the way, are the basements in the refugee camps complete? Or is that a WIP?[/quote]

They’re WIP.