Deadlier advanced zombies

[quote=“KA101, post:18, topic:6125”]Re anti-vehicle birds: we need something that’s fast, avoids being crushed by players’ Weird Contraption Deathmobiles, and ideally attacks them too? BEEP BEEP [I]innocentface[/I]

Shockers aren’t quite so high-value as they used to be: I nerfed their CBM list pretty hard when I installed the bio-ops.

Weapon-blocking…hmm. WBLOCK1/2, maybe, but 3 still ought to work: it’s interposing a sewer cover or similar Shield in the way.

That mouth beam was a radiation ray. Has a chance to instant-mutate you, otherwise take about 10 rads or so, IIRC.
But yeah, I think a bodytemp-raising heat ray would be very popular: “Yeah. I don’t think you’ve got what it takes to heat me up. Oh? yeah, you do that. You use that ‘heat ray’ and you raise my body temperature. C’mon, I DARE you. Right here on z-4 in the Ice Lab. Bring it, zed scientist.” ;-)[/quote]

Maybe they could do as birds love too do and take a nice big crap on your windshield, forcing you to stop or risk running into stuff since it’s obscuring line of sight?

I didn’t realize that about the shockers, do the bios have higher end cbms now or was it unrelated?

The level of the weapon block could give you a bonus to resisting the block negation perhaps so 2 does better than 1 and 3 is more or less a complete negation?

And now the mouth beam makes sense, that’s actually pretty neat. Lol, I hadn’t thought about that with the ice labs XD, hey, they could also have a freezing beam/device, which one they use could depend on the ambient temp! Now they are horrible in the ice labs hehehe

[quote=“acehawk, post:21, topic:6125”][quote=“KA101, post:18, topic:6125”]Re anti-vehicle birds: we need something that’s fast, avoids being crushed by players’ Weird Contraption Deathmobiles, and ideally attacks them too? BEEP BEEP [I]innocentface[/I]

Shockers aren’t quite so high-value as they used to be: I nerfed their CBM list pretty hard when I installed the bio-ops.

Weapon-blocking…hmm. WBLOCK1/2, maybe, but 3 still ought to work: it’s interposing a sewer cover or similar Shield in the way.

That mouth beam was a radiation ray. Has a chance to instant-mutate you, otherwise take about 10 rads or so, IIRC.
But yeah, I think a bodytemp-raising heat ray would be very popular: “Yeah. I don’t think you’ve got what it takes to heat me up. Oh? yeah, you do that. You use that ‘heat ray’ and you raise my body temperature. C’mon, I DARE you. Right here on z-4 in the Ice Lab. Bring it, zed scientist.” ;-)[/quote]

Maybe they could do as birds love too do and take a nice big crap on your windshield, forcing you to stop or risk running into stuff since it’s obscuring line of sight?

I didn’t realize that about the shockers, do the bios have higher end cbms now or was it unrelated?

The level of the weapon block could give you a bonus to resisting the block negation perhaps so 2 does better than 1 and 3 is more or less a complete negation?

And now the mouth beam makes sense, that’s actually pretty neat. Lol, I hadn’t thought about that with the ice labs XD, hey, they could also have a freezing beam/device, which one they use could depend on the ambient temp! Now they are horrible in the ice labs hehehe[/quote]

Hmm. Killing visibility is interesting but I’m not sure how I’d do it. Shame people didn’t get the reference there. :frowning:

Yeah. Shockers are civilians with pretty limited stock, scientists have pretty good “techie” toys and bio-operators have milspec. Shockers are still good if you aren’t augmented already, granted, but you might run out their drop list in one Public Works’ worth.

I don’t recall seeing the ST check idea before, but agreed that it’s a decent way to handle comparative-blocking (since ST stands in for size elsewhere in the code, no problem using it here too).

Freeze ray, maybe not. :wink: