Dat horde

Well hello there, guys.

I LOVE this game. Even more than TTD.
But only one thing drives me crazy.
Zombies. Zombie hordes, to be correct.
Well, in original C I’ve been wandering around the city for a little time, getting basic equipment and trying to find myself some big guns. Then some Z’s spawned and I beaten all of the shit outta them. Or just ran into the other part of town.
But here… oh, dear Scott…
I spawned. Cool, nice. Then I went to the nearest city. Everything smooth and slick. Got some equipment. Then they spawn.
[move]@ Z [glow=green,2,300]Z[/glow] [glow=blue,2,300]Z[/glow] [glow=purple,2,300]Z[/glow][/move]
What the hell, man. Little town. With approx population of 200 or maybe a little bit higher. AND THEY ALL ARE HUNTING AFTER ME WHOLE DAMN TOWN AT ONCE MAN YOU UNDERSTAND THIS IS THE [glow=red,2,300]HORROR[/glow]!

Actually, could you just turn down the amounts of Z or tell how to do it?

its in map gen somewhere i believe… dont have the code in front of me right now tbh.

You should check out the pharmacy and get Aderall , most of the zombies can’t touch your clothes, Get all what you need and leave the town as soon as possible. Avoid using guns in town,breaking doors and windows or it attract even more zombies.Survive in the wild, raid the military outpost , bunker and lab, You can revange once you obtain enough firepower, like molotov , grenades, dynamite or vehicle

The amount of wandering zombies in a given area ≠ the amount of people that would realistically have inhabited that same area pre-apocalypse. Little town with three houses and a gas station = 1200 ravening zombies that will appear from thin air and chase you down the moment you cross their invisible deadline.

Also, abusing prescription drugs in order to ‘run’ is really weird. Why do Cataclysm people require chemicals in order to shuffle their little feet faster? You’d think when a horde of the undead are breathing down your neck you might decide to move at something quicker than a slow walk, but apparently @ shaped people can’t be bothered unless rewarded with pills.

tl;dr Towns have way more zombies than they ever should and we really could use a ‘run’ key.

[quote=“Rivet, post:4, topic:222”]The amount of wandering zombies in a given area ≠ the amount of people that would realistically have inhabited that same area pre-apocalypse. Little town with three houses and a gas station = 1200 ravening zombies that will appear from thin air and chase you down the moment you cross their invisible deadline.

Also, abusing prescription drugs in order to ‘run’ is really weird. Why do Cataclysm people require chemicals in order to shuffle their little feet faster? You’d think when a horde of the undead are breathing down your neck you might decide to move at something quicker than a slow walk, but apparently @ shaped people can’t be bothered unless rewarded with pills.

tl;dr Towns have way more zombies than they ever should and we really could use a ‘run’ key.[/quote]

Maybe a sprint key… I think we’re already running but the zombies are also running, or at least shambling at a decent pace. The fast zombies are probably just running on all fours like the HL2 fast zombies they seem to be based off of. Or maybe we have Left 4 Dead infected. (We’ve already got a Boomer, so maybe?)

Which probably isn’t going to change. They might be toned back somewhat in the future, and have their spawning improved, but you’re never going to have a ‘realistic’ amount of zombies, because killing 20 dudes and then sitting pretty really doesn’t make for a lot of fun. Not for me anyway.

This is planned, along with an endurance system and whatnot to go along with it.

Actually, we have L4D zombies. Spitter, Boomer, fast running Z’s that can’t take much damage.

You can fight off pretty much anything at a 1 tile wide window, as long as you have a high powered handgun to take out hulks.

I generally live in a town, spend the first day finding a shovel and a decent house close to what I want with lots of dirt around it and a 1 tile window for entry/exit, board up all the windows by nightfall then spend night 1 digging pits, by about day 3 its pretty much impregnable with 3 layers of pits infront of all the windows, after a few more days you have killed enough to thin out the population and you always have somewhere safe to run to