Knives Nerfed?

About a week ago the code changed and I can no longer kill a Tough Zombie with three throws of a Combat Knife. In fact, it does little to no damage. Is this intended or a bug? There’s go my whole game strategy :frowning:

Knifes themselves aren’t nerfed but throwing has been rebalanced, this rebalanced might have affected the thorwing of combat knives.

Throwing got nerfed pretty hard. It was clearly overpowered, to the point where throwing at point-blank was better than actually hitting things in melee.
Cutting/stabbing weapons got hit the hardest - except for select throwing items, they don’t deal non-bashing damage. I wanted to make it so that they deal full melee damage if skill roll succeeds, but that was shot down.

It’s not where we want it yet.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:3, topic:13622”]Throwing got nerfed pretty hard. It was clearly overpowered, to the point where throwing at point-blank was better than actually hitting things in melee.
Cutting/stabbing weapons got hit the hardest - except for select throwing items, they don’t deal non-bashing damage. I wanted to make it so that they deal full melee damage if skill roll succeeds, but that was shot down.

It’s not where we want it yet.[/quote]

The nerf was long overdue, and yes, SOME kind of check to due full damage would be good, but it should be pretty darn hard for items not made for throwing.

Glad it’s getting some attention, even if it’s not perfect at the moment. Thanks for the work you guys do!