Crash On Vehicle Construction From Scratch (0.6)

After spending three (real) days looting half the nearby starter town, the other half fleeing from a fire I accidentally started I managed to chopshop most the vehicles in town with the goal of assembling something to the effect of a mobile field base. I placed the base (an undamaged Steel Frame) with no trouble, named the vehicle (MFB) and went to place a second Steel Fame (another undamaged one) to the west of the starting block and that’s when the game crashed. I’m currently running the 0.6 “Nightly Build” from… May 21st, not sure if that’s relevant but there it is.

It’s worth noting I’ve got NPCs off

The things not on a “Stable” build are not very predictable.

I used speech marks for the stable, because 0.5 is kinda CoughveryCough glitchy.

[quote=“Mrnocamera, post:2, topic:1409”]The things not on a “Stable” build are not very predictable.

I used speech marks for the stable, because 0.5 is kinda CoughveryCough glitchy.[/quote]

Yeah, just tried to recreate the issue in a new world and it seems fine now… Only reason I’m using 0.6 is because in 0.5, the NPCs crash my game, and without them I can’t generate a world XD

Indeed. One of the main goals for .6 is to have a much more stable release then .5 proved to be.

Did you have a lot of steel frames nearby? I found out if there are too many frames (I’d say around 26) and you try to attach something the game will crash.