Convert Furniture to Objects and Back

How about a * command to turn most furniture pieces into objects that can be picked up. This way you could pick them up and load them in a vehicle and then drive to where you want to go and (a)pply them to where you want them. shrugs Of course they should weigh ridiculous amounts. As for Volume, yeah they’ll be big. Not sure how you’ll handle furniture that is too big to fit in one trunk. shrugs

This sounds like a brilliant idea.

Changing cot and rollmat to furniture in conjunction with this should get rid of “can’t spot cot/rollmat with low Per” problem, too.

That one’s already been fixed in the experimental actually.

That’s great that ya all fixed the problem, Roy. But what about the suggestion, Roy? :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a good idea! We can give furniture a “pickupbable”* flag and an associated item, apply the item and select a direction to put back on the ground as furniture, with appropriate checks for if it should go there. Actually we could just have the usual item pickup menu display the furniture as the corresponding item. I’m not at all sure what to do about big furniture though, probably require disassembling it into its component parts and reassembling it later, so that’d be a seperate thing.

*Suggestions for better name appreciated :wink:

I want to [G]rab furniture instead of *pushing it. Takes time, you know.

I actually think that there either has been merged or is up for review a PR that adds this right now.

I mergerated it yesterday, you can now 'G’rab moveable furniture and slide it around. Thanks AtomicDryad!

Woot! That’s totally awesome.

does a happy dance

How about ‘transportable’?

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:5, topic:3498”]That’s a good idea! We can give furniture a “pickupbable”* flag and an associated item, apply the item and select a direction to put back on the ground as furniture, with appropriate checks for if it should go there. Actually we could just have the usual item pickup menu display the furniture as the corresponding item. I’m not at all sure what to do about big furniture though, probably require disassembling it into its component parts and reassembling it later, so that’d be a seperate thing.

*Suggestions for better name appreciated ;)[/quote]