Concept for high-level survivor melee weapon: Sledgehammer. Shotgun

Browsing /r/KillingFloor, soaking in the KF2 hype, I noticed that someone discovered this:

I don’t really know what else we can say here. I mean, dude, Sledgehammer. Shotgun. Due to custom design it’d have to be made using a smithy with both gunsmithing tools and metalworking tools, but it would be a seriously fantastic weapon if it were to be implemented.

That’s a supremely silly idea, even more so than gunblade.

It’s silly but it’d work in real life. It’d be absurdly impractical, but it’d work. A gunblade just wouldn’t work at all. You’d just wreck your gunblade blade the moment you pull the trigger.

…Not sure how you’d go about rechambering the round, or even loading the magazine in the first place… But mechanically speaking it definitely looks possible, probably worth clumping into the ‘fireswords’ category of weapons

Hell, if I can make a flaming katana then I can sure make this. +1 even though the melee potential of the weapon would be massively hampered and it would be horrible to fire.

why not +1

Imagine maining this kind of weapon on a world with hordes turned on…

Why not sledgehammer flamethrower?

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:8, topic:8581”]Why not sledgehammer flamethrower?

Whelp, every other melee weapon seems to have some sort of flaming variant so this’ll work.

Perhaps this? Rule of cool intensifies.

It’s hard to get any more awesome than shotgun fists.

What about knife-wrench?

Some people have actually made them…

[quote=“iceball3, post:10, topic:8581”]Perhaps this? Rule of cool intensifies.
[/quote]
Definite +1 to this. Shotgun fists are just too good to not have in the zombie apocalypse.

Shotgun fists should then have a reference to Guilty Gear. Mostly because that’s the only game I know to have them.

[quote=“trusty_patches, post:14, topic:8581”]Shotgun fists should then have a reference to Guilty Gear. Mostly because that’s the only game I know to have them.[/quote]Vindictus is what i got the picture from, karok is the man.

Actually Fallout New Vegas has the ballistic fist which is basically a glove with 2 shotgun barrels and a pressure plate to activate them.

From the looks of it, it fires when you hit something - so it’d be immensely powerful to hit someone with it with a shell chambered.

Like the previously mentioned ballistic fists, there’s likely a pressure plate on the head for whacking.

…Look at that picture…

That’s not a shotgun, those casings are massive. Almost like it’s chambered for…

40mm Shells…

I was about to say, those look like grenade launcher fists to me, not shotgun fists. Still badass though; reminds of the blonde chick on RWBY.

[quote=“EkarusRyndren, post:18, topic:8581”]…Look at that picture…

That’s not a shotgun, those casings are massive. Almost like it’s chambered for…

40mm Shells…[/quote]

I think that’s more to do with FPS-Gun-In-Your-Face-itis.