Compiling error (RESOLVED) (I'm an idiot)

In my many attempts over the past 24 hours, I can’t seem to figure out compiling my doctored version of catadda to get the machines to finally work.
I was using the method discussed on the wiki, or at least what seemed the most up to date method, via MSYS and MinGW, but I am running into an error, 127 to be precise. unless I’m getting it all wrong, it sounds like its an issue with the g++ install.
the exact error is as follows:

g++ -DLOCALIZE -ffast-math -Wall -Wextra -g -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG --std=c++11 -MMD
-c src/action,cpp -o obj/action.o
make: g++: Command not fonud
make: *** [obj/action.o] Error 127

That was proceeded by the command

make NATIVE=win32LOCALIZE=0

which was followed per the aforementioned wiki method of compiling.
Help is very much appreciated.

Just follow the instructions exactly. The method on the wiki didn’t work for me either, but this does.

Much appreciated, I will test tonight after work.

Followed the steps, but i am running into this error again, though only slightly different:

$ make RELEASE=1 TILES=1 LOCALIZE=0 NATIVE=win64
make: sdl2-config: Command not found
make: sdl2-config: Command not found
mkdir -p objwin/tiles
g++ -DRELEASE -DTILES -ffast-math -Wall -Wextra -Werror --std=c++11 -MMD -m64 -c src/overmap.cpp -o objwin/tiles/overmap.o
make: g++: Command not found
Makefile:479: recipe for target ‘objwin/tiles/overmap.o’ failed
make: *** [objwin/tiles/overmap.o] Error 127

What in the wold computer, Do what I tell you to.
Any thoughts on m screw-up?

So, after going silent the past few days while i retaught myself parts of code, I realized that the issue here is this portion at the end:

I attempted a clean reinstall of all the necessary programs based on the proper windows compiling method given to me earlier in this thread, and while it ALMOST worked, it failed when it hit a snag in the code I had written concerning my handloading mod. However after fixing said code and trying to compile with the fix, it came back to this problem, though with a different O file. So, I have concluded that it is an issue with the .obj recipe written in the Makefile:

$(ODIR)/%.o: $(SRC_DIR)/%.cpp
$(CXX) $(CPPFLAGS) $(DEFINES) $(CXXFLAGS) -c $< -o $@

For some reason, the end portion [ -c $< -o $@ ] is not helping whatsoever, when everything Looks sound. Is there anyone that can help with this? LIke I said, i think I’ve narrowed it down to this issue with the Makefile.

I AM A CODING GOD.

Not really, more like a blooming idiot. I solved the issue I was having, the problem was not in fact the make file, but the makefiles inability to execute its own recipes because it did not have the tools it needed. WELL WHY IS THAT KARICTER, I THOUGHT YOU FOLLOWED THE STEPS TO A T?

Well you see, I did, however I did not realize that the step to export said tools into the cmd shell was needed EVERY TIME YOU START THE MYS SHELL.

See the step:

Compiling

Navigate to MinGW\msys\1.0 and run msys.bat. This will start a cmd-like shell where the following entries will be made.

Add the MinGW toolchain to your PATH with export PATH=$PATH:/c/MinGW/bin. Replace /c/MinGW/ with the directory into which you installed MinGW (/c/ stands for drive C:, so if it’s in F:/foo/bar, you’d use /f/foo/bar).

Navigate to the CDDA source code directory.

Compile using make TILES=1 NATIVE=win32 LOCALIZE=1 and unless there are problems, it should produce a CDDA binary for you.

If you dont want tiles you can change TILES to 0.

If you dont want localization you can change LOCALIZE to 0.

SO, The reason I was recieving the error, was when I:

[quote=“Karicter, post:5, topic:10668”]So, after going silent the past few days while i retaught myself parts of code, I realized that the issue here is this portion at the end:

I attempted a clean reinstall of all the necessary programs based on the proper windows compiling method given to me earlier in this thread, and while it ALMOST worked, it failed when it hit a snag in the code I had written concerning my handloading mod. However after fixing said code and trying to compile with the fix, it came back to this problem, though with a different O file. So, I have concluded that it is an issue with the .obj recipe written in the Makefile:

$(ODIR)/%.o: $(SRC_DIR)/%.cpp
$(CXX) $(CPPFLAGS) $(DEFINES) $(CXXFLAGS) -c $< -o $@

For some reason, the end portion [ -c $< -o $@ ] is not helping whatsoever, when everything Looks sound. Is there anyone that can help with this? LIke I said, i think I’ve narrowed it down to this issue with the Makefile.[/quote]

SO, I had done all the steps right, but received in an error in the code I wrote because I’m an idiot. I fixed it,closed the shell and reopened it, THEN TRIED TO COMPILE WITHOUT THE CRUCIAL EXPORT STEP FROM BEFORE.

Lesson learned. I suck at coding. If you are reading this at some point whoever wrote that step-by-step, Please add a quick note that the “export PATH=$PATH:/c/MinGW/bin” command is needed every time you use a fresh shell; it’ll at least help anyone stupid enough to try coding without extensive prior knowledge.

Really glad you got it sorted mate!

I think you might be able to set the path permanently by doing this;

Then you don’t have to run that command each time.

Much appreciated, I’ll try that when I get home. Finaly problem however, right before I left the house I saw the compile complete and it had an “Error 1, something2.exe” going on. Quick google said it may be something to do with write permissions in the /C: drive, but itll be another hour before I can test it. Any ideas on that?
Also I am legitamately NOT trying to be lazy, this is being posted a minimalist forum app, serious googling on this dinosaur phone isnt going to happen.