Coleen's Tileset [UPDATED Sept 8, 2014]

[quote=“Black_OPs, post:120, topic:5455”]Ok MSshock I did what you said now I get this.
loading tileset failed: could not load tileset image at gfx/, error:
Couldn’t open gfx/

text document looks like this now

NAME: Coleen24
VIEW: Coleen’s24
JSON: Coleen24Tileset/tile_config.json
TILESET:Coleen24Tileset/Coleen.png[/quote]

Or you could leave the one gfx/ there, rather than 0 or 2.

tried it like this:

JSON: gfx/Coleen24Tileset/tile_config.json
TILESET:Coleen24Tileset/Coleen.png

AND

TILESET:gfx/Coleen24Tileset/Coleen.png

No luck

Ok, I know I just tried this but I started with a fresh download of it and took away the gfx/ on json and tileset like this

TILESET: Coleen24Tileset/Coleen.png

And now its working, thankyou for all your help people. Much appreciated!

Sorry to ask this here but I’ve been looking through tilesets trying to find the most complete.

Which would be best? Coleen’s is nice but had a lot of missing tiles. Raga’s didn’t seem to want to work with the latest experimental.

Blockhead’s… I thought was basically Raga’s with more tiles. It lacks a proper smoke graphic… and more importantly all the NPCs look like poppy flowers. WHAT?
That never happened with Raga’s.

[quote=“DG123, post:124, topic:5455”]Sorry to ask this here but I’ve been looking through tilesets trying to find the most complete.

Which would be best? Coleen’s is nice but had a lot of missing tiles. Raga’s didn’t seem to want to work with the latest experimental.

Blockhead’s… I thought was basically Raga’s with more tiles. It lacks a proper smoke graphic… and more importantly all the NPCs look like poppy flowers. WHAT?
That never happened with Raga’s.[/quote]
Hey, I’m updating Coleen’s tiles right now, you can wind it on the previous page. If Collen gives permission, I’ll start my own topic, and hopefully do more updates.

That’d be Retrodays. It’s very complete, and where it isn’t it automatically fails back to ASCII.
I find Coleen’s much more attractive, but Retro never has ‘undefined’ tiles.

That’d be Retrodays. It’s very complete, and where it isn’t it automatically fails back to ASCII.
I find Coleen’s much more attractive, but Retro never has ‘undefined’ tiles.[/quote]

Ascii is as bad as undefined for me. Because in most cases I have no idea what the symbol means. So I’ll stick with Coleen’s, I think.

17 more icons done - I’ll try to post them when I get home from work tonight!

Please update tajlset. You are a very good draw, keep. Thanks for the tajlset! Will you update it?

Keep up the great work. I’ve checked out several tilesets but I always go back to yours for how easily it conveys information, and how nice it looks in general. Creatures and items stand out easily against all backgrounds, and your artwork is great.

Any chance you’re planning on making tiles for spiked plating/military armor on vehicles? I’m building a car with all that stuff on it that looks a little too much like any other car :wink:

Oh, I did notice you put a tile for reinforced windshields. That one looks really cool.

Someone PM’d me about this thread rather than posting in it, so to answer the question more broadly, we’ll likely consider this for mainline if someone files a pull request on Git.

So, if I’d PR tileset what version of it you would like to see on mainline, mine or original?

As updated as possible. The important part about mainline is that it needs someone to stick around and maintain it, which doesn’t seem to happen with most of 'em (or at least we don’t hear much about it).

This tileset is great!

Keep up the good work.

Edit : One question is left. Some guys here are talking about updates lately but the png file of Coleen32 is from 2014.05.14. Is this the actual one or have I missed an update file?

[quote=“Thors Hammer, post:134, topic:5455”]This tileset is great!

Keep up the good work.

Edit : One question is left. Some guys here are talking about updates lately but the png file of Coleen32 is from 2014.05.14. Is this the actual one or have I missed an update file?[/quote]

top of page 8, it seems coleen stopped working on the tileset and someone else took over

[quote=“Ember, post:135, topic:5455”][quote=“Thors Hammer, post:134, topic:5455”]This tileset is great!

Keep up the good work.

Edit : One question is left. Some guys here are talking about updates lately but the png file of Coleen32 is from 2014.05.14. Is this the actual one or have I missed an update file?[/quote]

top of page 8, it seems coleen stopped working on the tileset and someone else took over[/quote]

Coleen was last heard from in late August, apparently? Not sure what happened.

[quote=“Mshock, post:125, topic:5455”][quote=“DG123, post:124, topic:5455”]Sorry to ask this here but I’ve been looking through tilesets trying to find the most complete.

That never happened with Raga’s.[/quote]
Hey, I’m updating Coleen’s tiles right now, you can wind it on the previous page. If Collen gives permission, I’ll start my own topic, and hopefully do more updates.[/quote]

I’m still working on this (although slowly) but if you’d like to add your own spin to what I’ve done so far, feel welcome - but please give it a new name so we don’t overwrite each others hard work :slight_smile:

The more the merrier, I say.

[quote=“Coleen, post:137, topic:5455”]I’m still working on this (although slowly) but if you’d like to add your own spin to what I’ve done so far, feel welcome - but please give it a new name so we don’t overwrite each others hard work :slight_smile:

The more the merrier, I say.[/quote]
This is great! I hope you don’t mind me sending it to mainline. And should I just give it name “MShock’s” or something and sign myself as author?

[quote=“Mshock, post:138, topic:5455”][quote=“Coleen, post:137, topic:5455”]I’m still working on this (although slowly) but if you’d like to add your own spin to what I’ve done so far, feel welcome - but please give it a new name so we don’t overwrite each others hard work :slight_smile:

This is great! I hope you don’t mind me sending it to mainline. And should I just give it name “MShock’s” or something and sign myself as author?[/quote]

Nope, we need everyone’s name who’s still got art in it. Tsu/Hoder/Waldo/Coleen/MShock. (I think that’s everyone?)

[quote=“KA101, post:139, topic:5455”][quote=“Mshock, post:138, topic:5455”][quote=“Coleen, post:137, topic:5455”]I’m still working on this (although slowly) but if you’d like to add your own spin to what I’ve done so far, feel welcome - but please give it a new name so we don’t overwrite each others hard work :slight_smile:

This is great! I hope you don’t mind me sending it to mainline. And should I just give it name “MShock’s” or something and sign myself as author?[/quote]

Nope, we need everyone’s name who’s still got art in it. Tsu/Hoder/Waldo/Coleen/MShock. (I think that’s everyone?)[/quote]
I thought this stuff generally goes in description.