Climbing trees to escape danger without using Z-levels

Expect 4D trees within he century. :V

\[dwarfishness intensifies\]
Flowing magma and water is too much of a pain in the ass to implement, and this is a survival game, not a fortress-building game. Bone crossbows don't really make any sense.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:22, topic:10446”]

[dwarfishness intensifies]

Flowing magma and water is too much of a pain in the ass to implement, and this is a survival game, not a fortress-building game.
Bone crossbows don’t really make any sense.[/quote]

Bone ‘crossbows’ dont, but ‘bone crossbow bolts’ are totally logical

Better than adamantine warhammers at least. But yeah, I meant the bolts, not the crossbow itself.

Better than adamantine warhammers at least. But yeah, I meant the bolts, not the crossbow itself.[/quote]

adamantine warhammers are niegh usless because its the equivlent of whacking something in the head with a feather

A warhammer decorated with roc feathers, however, is a thing of beauty.

AFAICT making arrows out of bone is similarly nonsensical, I can’t find any references to making arrows out of bone. If someone can point me to a (non-game) reference indicating otherwise, I’d be happy to reverse my position on the matter :slight_smile:

Dang. Bone sewing awls, fishing hooks, etc. But projectile points…lemme see.

It’d still be more logical than carved plastic arrows. :V

EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_tool

Can be good to take wikipedia articles with a grain of salt, but a good starting point.

Points are totally reasonable, it’s the shafts I’m sceptical of. If it’s bone-tipped arrows yea it’s fine.

We’d likely need rather specific bones to make shafts, yeah. As for bone tips, already got that in the recipe for field point arrows.

Bone-tipped crossbow bolts would make my day though.

Yeah, bone tends to splinter when you try to make long lengths of it, making it fairly useless for shafts. On the other hand bone-tipped arrows are totally viable, and were actually used by Native Americans in some places around the US that didn’t have ready access to appropriate stone types for stone arrowheads.

So in that case…bone-tipped crossbow bolts? <3

And to get back on topic, when 3D trees become a thing, we should add treehouses.

Tree houses tree hides would be bloody epic.

I’m almost scared to ask this because I know how hard coolthulhu has worked but how far off are we from full z levels? :slight_smile:

From what I’ve seen, Coolthulhu’s latest big project has been enhancing, altering, and overall unfucking NPC AI and their interactions with players: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/13486

Yeah I see this the other day :).

Well excited with cdda now and what is oming in the future :slight_smile:

Also got Kevin’s OK to PR another mod thing which I’ll do later on, need to decide how best to divide it up…