Classic Zombies, Bows, and Inhalers

I’m playing a classic zombie, static spawn world and I took asthmatic. This is my first experience with DDA, I’ve been playing the original cataclysm forever because I didn’t know it forked… lol.

So far my experience has been this: I’m going to die from lack of inhalers because apparently five out of five pharmacies don’t carry them. I’ve also looted probably 10-15 houses in the last hour or so of in game time to no avail. I’ve able to loot five pharmacies in a short period of time because a bow and arrow is like a completely silent machine gun. I can run around with reckless abandon occasionally stopping and hitting F-Enter until everything stops moving.

So… Are inhalers supposed to be that rare, and the asthmatic trait is a suicide trait, or am I just really unlucky? And are bows supposed to be so over powered or has classic zombie mode been neglected?

I think you’ve just been fairly unlucky.

As for bows/classic zombie mode, yes bows are a little OP and yes, classic zombie mode has been fairly neglected. I highly suggest that you play non-classic, not only because it makes other types of zombies appear, but also because several other things (such as giant anthills or bee hives) don’t appear in classic zombie mode.

I’ve found quite a few in my current run, as well as enough meth to stay high through out the next decade.

10-15 houses without a single inhaler? Wow, that’s pretty unlucky man. Make sure you check every bathroom you come across, I’m usually loaded with them.

You’re better off taking other traits instead of ashtmatic, near or far-sighted though.

I don’t take that perk but I have only ever found 2 inhalers all the times I have played, so I assumed they were not very common. Painkillers on the other hand, I have enough painkillers to kill 10 horses.

Remember to actually look in the sink and bathtub for inhalers. They sometimes conceal drugs much like a cupboard can, and you won’t see that they have any contents until you actually look.

Other options are to find dead scientists (almost guaranteed a couple of inhalers) and search through underground science labs and hospitals. Between those two you should be able to virtually stockpile the things. It’s dangerous, but it’s usually worthwhile raiding labs and hospitals anyway, asthmatic or not. They’re chock-full of useful stuff.

Also I don’t think you can die of asthma. So even if you run out of inhalers it just means you’re gonna be penalized until you get more.

[quote=“Hyena Grin, post:6, topic:1272”]Remember to actually look in the sink and bathtub for inhalers. They sometimes conceal drugs much like a cupboard can, and you won’t see that they have any contents until you actually look.

Other options are to find dead scientists (almost guaranteed a couple of inhalers) and search through underground science labs and hospitals. Between those two you should be able to virtually stockpile the things. It’s dangerous, but it’s usually worthwhile raiding labs and hospitals anyway, asthmatic or not. They’re chock-full of useful stuff.

Also I don’t think you can die of asthma. So even if you run out of inhalers it just means you’re gonna be penalized until you get more.[/quote]
Bathrooms: Yes.

Labs: Oh, yes, yes, yes.

Death by asthma: Unfortunately, also yes. You can die from asthma, though I think it takes a while.

I usually die via zombies/turrets/scientists/etc while attempting to find another inhaler, but I don’t know that asthma actually deals any damage, it’s more a secondary source of death, by making you suddenly slow, weak, and clumsy at exactly the wrong time.

I usually die via zombies/turrets/scientists/etc while attempting to find another inhaler, but I don’t know that asthma actually deals any damage, it’s more a secondary source of death, by making you suddenly slow, weak, and clumsy at exactly the wrong time.[/quote]
It is possible to die from however. If the current duration of your asthma attack ever goes over 1200 then it instantly kills you. Now you would have to get terribly unlucky for this to happen, but if you are high on stimulants then it is certainly possible.