Chicken Walker safe mode

All of the last three games I’ve played have ended due to safe mode for some reason not triggering and chicken walkers taking me out. It seems to me that safe mode is essentially supposed to simulate that ‘oh shit’ moment where you realize you are in danger. I’d like to see the red-dot message trigger safe-mode, with an option to make it trigger safe mode even if I’ve disabled safe mode within the number of turns as set in the options. Chicken walkers are a game ender, and I’d deeply appreciate this. If someone makes it happen…I’ll…well, I won’t do anything but thank you, but if you want, I can use flowery language, or perhaps write you a C:DDA poem or something of the sort.

You and everyone else. I’ve looked into it but not been able to stick the handoff from monattack to game. Having the “targeted” effect trigger safemode on acquisition might work, but then applies it to all turrets.

May take another look tonight.

[quote=“KA101, post:2, topic:8261”]You and everyone else. I’ve looked into it but not been able to stick the handoff from monattack to game. Having the “targeted” effect trigger safemode on acquisition might work, but then applies it to all turrets.

May take another look tonight.[/quote]To add on this, could their long range weapons be made to take a lot longer until they actually fire? I’d think target acquisition wouldnt blindly fire any person in an instant due to analyzing and weapon turning times given that they do not target zombies.
Oh, hey, do they have limited ammo for their weapons? I cant help feel that that they should…

[quote=“iceball3, post:3, topic:8261”][quote=“KA101, post:2, topic:8261”]You and everyone else. I’ve looked into it but not been able to stick the handoff from monattack to game. Having the “targeted” effect trigger safemode on acquisition might work, but then applies it to all turrets.

May take another look tonight.[/quote]To add on this, could their long range weapons be made to take a lot longer until they actually fire? I’d think target acquisition wouldnt blindly fire any person in an instant due to analyzing and weapon turning times given that they do not target zombies.
Oh, hey, do they have limited ammo for their weapons? I cant help feel that that they should…[/quote]

They do. About 40 rounds for the 120mm and a hundred or so for the 40mm. Coax is likewise pretty high. Running a tankbot out of ammo would qualify for a Challenge thread.

Thanks for taking a look. This game is my go-to game right now, but I’ll admit that finally getting my water well built and then getting CWed (chicken walkered) less than an in-game day later is more than a bit exasperating. This begs another question…are there plans to add other high level construction activities(?)…because as of right now you pretty much have to go around and armor random windows and a bunch of other essentially useless construction tasks, just to level the skill. If I knew anything about coding, then I’d devote some time to it, but, despite being able to use conditional logic in speech and writing, I don’t.

on it

[quote=“KA101, post:4, topic:8261”]-snip-[/quote]alright, good, if i may suggest further…
-Make their starting stock of ammo random, with a large bias away from maximum? Unless a findable self automated and still functional facility could exist in this game, it makes very little sence that they will always, guaranteed have the same amount of ammo when you finally get to them after all that apocalypse.

As they currently only shoot the pc its perfectly sensible for them to have full ammo xD

[quote=“Valpo, post:8, topic:8261”]As they currently only shoot the pc its perfectly sensible for them to have full ammo xD[/quote]Lore and reasonability purpouses. If we treat status quo quo as a good thing then nothing will get changed, no?

I was joking… maybe i should stop doing this. I kinda fail so often.

I was joking… maybe i should stop doing this. I kinda fail so often.[/quote]nah nah, i got the sillies, i just elaborated so
I actuallu dont know why

I was joking… maybe i should stop doing this. I kinda fail so often.[/quote]
It was a good joke bro, his irony detector was just off.