ChestHole Tileset

I just started a new game using the Iso tileset as it just looks too good not to :slight_smile:
Is it possible to change which way is north? I’m really not used to having north being in the top left, I’m more used to North being top right from other Iso games.
Cheers.

No, I wish I could rotate it. I did most of the other angles on furniture, so if someone codes it I can plug it right in.

I thought as much.
The original dev was probably too young to have played a proper ISO game, as a few newer ‘Psuedo-ISO’ games do have North facing top-left.
But I can think of no true Iso game with north in top-left.

Anyway I thought it was funny, as it’s one of those inherant gaming rules that no-one ever really talks about… Such as a health bar being red.

I’m confused. How do I use the larger trees? Also, how do I use larger hulks and underground worm mobs like CarlosDMC has?

Looks pretty nice. Are they in the latest experimental?

You select ChestHole32 tile set from you options menu, instead of just the regular ChestHole tile set. That’s if you’re using the launcher, if not you would need to download the tile set and manually add it.

Chesty- Can you make a worn tile for the Hooded Hat.

Would be nice. I feel compelled to not wear it otherwise =(

Also, I grabbed your sound pack. Could you add all glass windows and walls set to the breaking glass noise and not just houses?

Any info on how to assign sound to the action of (for example, breaking windows) would be great. If I could learn how to do it I’d post the updated coding. Also I had to sift you downloads to find the pack. Do you have the link to your forum thread? Would be nice to keep track of the pack when updated =)

…PS…are you still working on your pack? Or is there a better one?

[quote=“ZoneWizard, post:526, topic:8933”]Chesty- Can you make a worn tile for the Hooded Hat.

Also, I grabbed your sound pack. Could you add all glass windows and walls set to the breaking glass noise and not just houses?

Any info on how to assign sound to the action of (for example, breaking windows) would be great. If I could learn how to do it I’d post the updated coding. Also I had to sift you downloads to find the pack. Do you have the link to your forum thread? Would be nice to keep track of the pack when updated =)

…PS…are you still working on your pack? Or is there a better one?[/quote]

This might help some, https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/blob/master/doc/SOUNDPACKS.md

You changed the stairs again.

Why do you hate stairs that coincide with the > and < keys?

If it’s possible, can you make the tile for the simple steel ceiling/floor not look like a dirt tile? Want to use that material for the construction of my survivor town, but the dirt-looking tile makes me hesitant for my usual insane reasons.

[quote=“NuG, post:527, topic:8933”][quote=“ZoneWizard, post:526, topic:8933”]Chesty- Can you make a worn tile for the Hooded Hat.

This might help some, https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/blob/master/doc/SOUNDPACKS.md[/quote]

MD file is a what now? 0_o

Anyway, With chests normal sounds. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get all the sounds to work when I added association to things. I added a bunch of glass to buildings with windows. Those worked. But there are still some buildings that I cannot even find. Like military surplus, or the pawn shops etc… Any help finding where those buildings are located in the files?

Several guns give no sound even when they are associated. Example, the S&W 619. Has the sound attached but doesn’t work. I cannot figure out why some sounds work and others not. Is there a limit to the associations in the text file?

2 guns that also give trouble. The KSG and the Lemat. Pretty much seems like the guns that have more than one fire mod, such as an underslung mo. They don’t have sound =/

Also missing a few tiles:

KSG shotgun = wield 3656 / floor 3657
Lemat pistol = wield 1504 / floor 3218

.410 youth shotgun needs tiles for both.
Cutlass needs both.

[quote=“ZoneWizard, post:530, topic:8933”][quote=“NuG, post:527, topic:8933”][quote=“ZoneWizard, post:526, topic:8933”]Chesty- Can you make a worn tile for the Hooded Hat.

This might help some, https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/blob/master/doc/SOUNDPACKS.md[/quote]

MD file is a what now? 0_o

Anyway, With chests normal sounds. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get all the sounds to work when I added association to things. I added a bunch of glass to buildings with windows. Those worked. But there are still some buildings that I cannot even find. Like military surplus, or the pawn shops etc… Any help finding where those buildings are located in the files?

Several guns give no sound even when they are associated. Example, the S&W 619. Has the sound attached but doesn’t work. I cannot figure out why some sounds work and others not. Is there a limit to the associations in the text file?

2 guns that also give trouble. The KSG and the Lemat. Pretty much seems like the guns that have more than one fire mod, such as an underslung mo. They don’t have sound =/

Also missing a few tiles:

KSG shotgun = wield 3656 / floor 3657
Lemat pistol = wield 1504 / floor 3218

.410 youth shotgun needs tiles for both.
Cutlass needs both.[/quote]

I have these problems too, wish I could help. If I reload my crossbow, it makes no sound, but if my NPC companion reloads it… it does make the reloading sound.(I’ve PMed Chezzo on Reddit to ask about this and he said the code in the .json file is correct and it should be working as it is), so I dunno what’s wrong. I also will hear rain when there is no rain, and sounds will start to not work at all the longer I run the game. Windows breaking, car crashing sounds, and alarm sounds are a few off the top of my head that stop working until a restart. If I restart the game they seem to work for a bit again, until somehow they get messed up.

That being said, I still absolutely love the sound packs that have been created and always play with the regular Chesthole soundpack, and haven’t played with out it, except when on my android tablet(not sure if they have soundpacks for that version or not, as I downloaded it right before vacation the other day to have something to do during the car ride, and didn’t think about it until I was on the road.)

I was thinking while playing yesterday my comment might have come off as me talking negatively about the pack, which was not my intention at all, I really enjoy the sounds that are there and wouldn’t play without them unless I had to.

As for tilesets, I didn’t know they existed until a couple mounths ago when I started playing… and I had been occasionally looking up this game for over a year, but never saw anything about tiles for some reason. The tile set is actually what made me make the dive into the game, had it not been for that, I might still be sitting on the sidelines. So for that I am very gracious. Which I believe I have said before, but just wanted to say it again.

Wut wut, there is a version for the Android?

Yep, I believe there is an I-Pad version as well, but I think the apple store charges for it unlike the google store. Not entirely sure though.

here’s the 2 stickied threads about it:

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=14090.0

http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=11276.0

I believe from glancing at that thread you can use sound packs for that version, I just hadn’t looked into it. With the keyboard case I have for the tablet it made me not have to use the touch screen at all, which was nice IMO.

Holy Monkey God, that’s awesome. What version is it running do you know?

(Sorry Chesthole to hijack this little part of your thread, you are awesome man, long time fan.)

[quote=“Garfink, post:535, topic:8933”]Holy Monkey God, that’s awesome. What version is it running do you know?

(Sorry Chesthole to hijack this little part of your thread, you are awesome man, long time fan.)[/quote]

I think it remains up to date. It is a bit clunky in its controls since it doesn’t have a way to use the full keyboard and still have the full screen but plays just the same if you can minimize the macros you need. Which changes the playstyle to either constantly messing with macros or sticking to one set of actions at a time. If done right it could be a fun added challenge to the game, though I havn’t really taken to it as much as I would like.

[quote=“Litppunk, post:536, topic:8933”][quote=“Garfink, post:535, topic:8933”]Holy Monkey God, that’s awesome. What version is it running do you know?

(Sorry Chesthole to hijack this little part of your thread, you are awesome man, long time fan.)[/quote]

I think it remains up to date. It is a bit clunky in its controls since it doesn’t have a way to use the full keyboard and still have the full screen but plays just the same if you can minimize the macros you need. Which changes the playstyle to either constantly messing with macros or sticking to one set of actions at a time. If done right it could be a fun added challenge to the game, though I havn’t really taken to it as much as I would like.[/quote]

I guess I was lucky to have that keyboard case. Since I never actually used the touchscreen purposefully, and only the external keyboard case, I never had one hotkey come up on the screen… I did accidentally tap a couple times, but that either brought up the escape menu or made myself walk to the other side of the room using the virtual stick thing.

So you can use a Keyboard attached to your iPhone and Android to play it?

It was a keyboard case, similar to this one… https://www.amazon.com/HDE-Diamond-Stitch-Keyboard-Tablet/dp/B00BGETYPG/ref=sr_1_3?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1500542146&sr=8-3&keywords=android+tablet+case+with+keyboard

You can use a keyboard with the android version. I do. But I find the lack of numeric pad function so off putting as to not use android =/