Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead version 0.9 Ma released

And the awesome part is, it didn’t take any changes to the code whatsoever. Silly compiler.

And the awesome part is, it didn’t take any changes to the code whatsoever. Silly compiler.[/quote]

I forgot to ask, has this hotfix been applied to the experimentals as well? There’s already new stuff in the experimentals and I’ve been using them as my build-base. It would be nice to not have to dodge this bug during testing.

if someone wants to point me in the right direction, I will start pasting error text so I can be a bit more helpful when these problems pop up. I really am inept at coding but if I can make life easier for the bug hunters then I will do my part. really having fun with this build so far and you guys have done a good job so thank you!

And the awesome part is, it didn’t take any changes to the code whatsoever. Silly compiler.[/quote]

I forgot to ask, has this hotfix been applied to the experimentals as well? There’s already new stuff in the experimentals and I’ve been using them as my build-base. It would be nice to not have to dodge this bug during testing.[/quote]

I think if you are compiling yourself it shouldn’t happen.

some of the posts on here are awful negative for something being given away for free. I joined the kickstarter but it was not required. These guys have jobs and do this for fun. If you guys make it so that its more like an unpaid job there is a good chance they will move onto other things…

thank you for getting this out guys. I appreciate it. Dont kill yourself over a hot fix. You have lives.

Can someone confirm that the download link from the front page now links to a functional version? Want to make sure I updated it correctly.

Yep, just downloaded it and I can clear windows without a problem.

Question, though: what does the .9 version name refer to?

This is good but can the devs focus on metal gear references for version 1.0? Thanks…

I forgot to ask, has this hotfix been applied to the experimentals as well? There’s already new stuff in the experimentals and I’ve been using them as my build-base. It would be nice to not have to dodge this bug during testing.[/quote]

Seems to have been, ive been playing with the experimental for about an hour and havent seen any bugs or crashes, construction crash is fixed and oddball key rebinding thing is fixed as well.

hahaha, you jerk :smiley:

Next version is 0.A, not 1.0

If there’s one constant about the human condition, it’s that people will find things to complain about regardless of how good their situation is. And that’s perfectly fine.

In this case, the most major bug happened only on Windows, and it was due to something external to the code itself, so anyone compiling their own version would have been unable to reproduce it. The fix was a minor flash of inspiration, as I remembered hearing that some versions of gcc were a little buggy when optimizing maximally; it was pure coincidence that it happened at release time, and mostly luck that I fixed it this quickly.

I do hope folks temper their complaints in future, though – the squeaky wheel may get the grease, but if you’re too squeaky, you can just get yourself ignored for no good reason.

Confirmed - the 1st post windows SDL has a functional Construction menu.

I’ve also started tinkering with Deon’s tileset to try and return some of the lost tiles (vehicles especially) to working order. I’ve never touched json files before, so its an experience. A lot of the fixes seem pretty simple though. In just five minutes I’ve restored half my RV to semi-functional order. I’ll post what I can piece together after I play with it more.

The issue seems to be the way some tiles are titled? For instance:

From Tsu’s json file (which doesn’t have the “omg my car turned into # signs!” issue):

"id":"vp_windshield", "fg":112, "rotates":true

Yet from the broken Deon’s:

"id":"vp_window", "fg":328, "rotates":true

Changing the id called in Deon’s json to Tsu’s id reinstalled a windshield in my all my vehicles.

Edit - Thanks Tsu … & yeah, he is missing a lot of new content in there. Since it isn’t “mine” to edit, I didn’t add anything to his pack, I just tried to link up his current tiles to the changed vehicle-part names, and a couple other things here and there (made his car doors open and close, picked a random ‘box’ graphic for in-car storage, kitchen unit & welder, etc). Hopefully he’ll come back and work on his tileset sooner or later. A lot I didn’t tinker with, the new monsters, broken item links, etc. My main focus was getting vehicles to not be a buncha #'s.

Here is a link for anyone interested: http://ge.tt/9FKlZqz/v/0?c

Yeah, Pretty much the entire “vp_” prefix section from my tileset would need altering in his. Lucky for you though I kept all those prefixed versions in a list somewhere in there, so they should be easy to find.

Sadly I think there have been new things since he worked on his, so expect to be missing a few tiles even after the conversion, Hoder and Deon both stopped updating before the vehicles were reworked in tiles…

What I came here for! : http://ge.tt/9319tpz/v/0?c The new version of the tileset for 0.9 - This has all the monsters.

Are all builds compiled with -O3? Because it can cause bugs, the game would have probably worked fine with -O2.

So what does Ma refer to?

Corrected the question after a quick query in IRC, but I’ll answer here, too, for anyone curious: the answer is no.

In fact, I used -Os from the start, basically, and only switched to -O3 just now, as I collected the four independent build jobs and wanted to trim unnecessary overrides. -O3 is the default in the Makefile for release builds, so it made sense to just let it be – except, as it turned out, I’ve still got a buggy gcc that messes up the -O3 optimizations.

Thanks for the IRC clarification, I was really unsure what the initial question actually was.

Its an acronym for Majorly Awesome. DIDNT YOU KNOW?

[size=5pt]No…I dont know[/size]

Its an acronym for Majorly Awesome. DIDNT YOU KNOW?

[size=5pt]No…I dont know[/size][/quote]Are you being serious?

Well I dunno what Ma means.

Roger Ma