Carrion Spawn Rate & Monster Evolution Rates

What are the values for these?
I.e. how often do monsters evolve at a certain value and how often do creatures spawn from rotting material?

I don’t know carrion stuff.

If you’re talking about Monster Evolution Scaling Factor (in world creation), this determines how quickly enemies will begin upgrading into scarier monsters.

Quick rundown of evolution . . . lots of monsters ‘evolve over time’. The monster that’s evolving has a value specified in its entry, (listed as “half_life”)specifying how long it will take before it is possible to be upgraded. If it can upgrade and does upgrade, it changes that monster into a different monster. IE: The brainless zombie has a chance to upgrade into a listener zombie, but only after a certain amount of time has passed.

So, the exact amount of ‘time’ required for monsters to evolve will vary slightly based on the monster doing the evolution, since they each have their own “half_life” value.

I believe that Monster Spawn Evolution Factor is just a variable that lets you have some control over how long it will be before evolution begins. 4 is the default, Higher numbers slow evolution, lower increase speed, 0 turns off evolution altogether.

Hopefully that’s what you were looking for.

Pretty sure carrion are not in the game anymore, maybe because the game was spawning to many of them but I’m not sure.

I think I get ya.

I was wondering if 4 is the default value would putting it to 2 half it or 8 double it?
Wasn’t sure what the maths is when changing from default.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see.

I thought carrion was another word for “critters” that are spawned from materials. Didn’t know they were an actual thing.

Yeah, 2 would double it. It’s basically scaling the time between evolutions. Higher numbers mean more wait time.

Oh it’s backwards?
I thought higher the number the wuicker it goes.
I’ll have to remember that for the next world I do.