Can't install vehicle welding rig?

Hi, newbie here, just crafted a vehicle welding rig but when i examine the vehicle and try to install it, running the filter for “welding rig” doesn’t yield any results. I originally wanted to just use battery conversion mods for arc welder, but I’m at electronics 3 and I still don’t have the recipe. I read somewhere that those were removed from the game, but they’re still in the item browser, I just don’t have the recipe and I didn’t autolearn it. Still really new to vehicles so i’m not sure if i’m doing something wrong.

On which part of the vehicle did you try to install it? The place can’t be occupied by a seat or a trunk or similar.

1 Like

I’d be wary of “wall” tiles of vehicles as well. As Valase indicated, different items have different requirements for where they can be installed, including requirements for what they can be installed together with (on the same tile).
I’d be looking for a tile inside the “walls” of the vehicles and with only a frame and an optional roof above. Wheels below should probably be OK, as well as stuff on top of the roof (e.g. solar panels). There are probably a few other things that can co-inhabit a tile with a welding rig, but I’d try to add those afterwards.

1 Like