C: DDA 1930 Mod [Idea]

overhall mods are fun. how about one that takes place during the revolutionary or civil war?

This is really cool. One thing I will point out is that it’s the goal of mod manager to support stuff like this without requiring a fork of the project. Basically you add flags to mod-approppriate (in this case period appropriate) entities, which includes items, recipes, monsters, etc, and when you generate a world with that mod selected it only spawns items/monsters/etc that match the mod.

I think part of the reason you’re seeing so few 1930’s specific weapon is that the rate of innovation in firearms was much lower, and firearms were relatively speaking much more expensive than they are now, so it was much more common for people to use older firearms. Just a guess though.

Given the depression, firearms being hard to afford seems doubly likely. I think Kevin’s got a big part of that issue nailed down.

You should look at turn of the century leverguns. To my understanding lever actions were extremely popular up into the 50’s before they started being seen as out dated.

Hickok45 just did a video on the history of winchester leverguns.

Let’s do it. I’m in.

I just finished Mafia 2 and it’s really put me in the mood for Great Depression era stuff. I can be a coder and if you ever wanted to make a tileset for it, I could do that, too.

CCLAAAAAAYYYTTOONNN

Hai.

[quote=“Kevin Granade, post:22, topic:3906”]This is really cool. One thing I will point out is that it’s the goal of mod manager to support stuff like this without requiring a fork of the project. Basically you add flags to mod-approppriate (in this case period appropriate) entities, which includes items, recipes, monsters, etc, and when you generate a world with that mod selected it only spawns items/monsters/etc that match the mod.

I think part of the reason you’re seeing so few 1930’s specific weapon is that the rate of innovation in firearms was much lower, and firearms were relatively speaking much more expensive than they are now, so it was much more common for people to use older firearms. Just a guess though.[/quote][quote=“Pthalocy, post:23, topic:3906”]Given the depression, firearms being hard to afford seems doubly likely. I think Kevin’s got a big part of that issue nailed down.[/quote][quote=“Clayton, post:25, topic:3906”]Let’s do it. I’m in.

I just finished Mafia 2 and it’s really put me in the mood for Great Depression era stuff. I can be a coder and if you ever wanted to make a tileset for it, I could do that, too.[/quote]

[size=8pt]One of the reasons I choose this time period is due to all the interesting stuff that went on. America had just finished WWI, a great depression had hit, and prohibition of booze was in full effect. It was an exciting, if not hard, time for everyone. So of course I had to take this and add Cataclysm: DDA into the mix. I think being in this time frame will add an extra layer of challenge to the game while providing a fresh approach to it. The hardest part at the moment is doing the research and going through all the JSON files in order to take out what doesn’t fit.[/size]

[quote=“Clayton, post:25, topic:3906”]Let’s do it. I’m in.

I just finished Mafia 2 and it’s really put me in the mood for Great Depression era stuff. I can be a coder and if you ever wanted to make a tileset for it, I could do that, too.[/quote]

[size=8pt]I would be happy to accept your offer of help. I will send you a PM either later tonight or tomorrow some time.[/size]