(BUILD 9972) error on starting new game

so i just updated my experimental build to latest version and make a new playthrough as usual. but when i made a new world and choose Custom Character, an error occured :

src/main_menu.cpp:779 [bool main_menu::new_character_tab()] Error: item group “mischw” already defined with type “collection”

it appears when the game loads some mods, Aftershock and Pk rebalancing.

I’m also experiencing this issue. I created a bug report: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/35956

1 Like

thank you… i was want to report this to github but such error usually has one or two reports coming up soon.

I have the same problem. but im not actively running those mods, the worst part is i thought it was because a major update, so i deleted my char xD
Screenshot_3

I hope to fix this error as soon as possible, this is definitely bad news for me:(

Had same problem added this change to my version of aftershock and it booted Fix afterschock error on load by Fris0uman · Pull Request #35958 · CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA · GitHub
Also Modular turrets mod need same fix in item_groups.json at line 96
Before

“type”: “item_group”,
“id”: “mischw”,
“items”: [ [ “garden_gnome”, 5 ] ]

After

“type”: “item_group”,
“subtype”: “collection”,
“id”: “mischw”,
“items”: [ [ “garden_gnome”, 5 ] ]

Frish0uman on CDDA Github has fixed this problem thanks to Kevin mentioning it and others putting this issue on github