Bleeding monsters

Would be cool if bleed effect could work on monsters. It could be triggered through cutting/stabbing damage.

Sounds like a good idea… certain monsters could be essentially immune (skeletons, perhaps the fungal or triffids) but most of them probably have ‘something’ important circulating inside 'em they don’t want to leak out.

Crippling/disjointing monsters could also be useful as a rather longer lasting, but less totally debilitating form of stunning as well.

I don’t think zombies would bleed unless they’re so evolved that it wouldn’t even matter. Regular zombies and low-level evolved ones are literally just corpses.

Most bleeding would come from stuff like acidic zombies and also from things like triffids and regular animals. Humans as well.

Fungus bleeding seems like something interesting. Like, if a fungus gets wounded, what’s it full of? More fungus! Or at least spores. Fungus don’t seem like something that particularly values its individual peons, so having them gradually hurt themselves for the purpose of potentially expanding more seems like a legit strategy. Their numbers aren’t exactly finite, nor static.

Zeds arn’t literally corpses though. I mean ff they were biologically dead they couldn’t move, first due to rigor mortis (brought about by a lack of ATP to return lost ions to the muscle cells and reset actin/myosin fibers) and secondly as the fibers themselves turn to mush with lactic acid build up and accelerating bacterial action.

Now, that doesn’t mean they necessarily should NEED blood pressure anymore, but that doesn’t mean they don’t either.

Given the fluid nature of the contagion and how the blob seems favor hydraulic power to move in its isolated/pure forms it seems likely that the blob would try to maintain a fluid seal it it’s current host (at the very least to continue preserving nutrition for growth and energy.)

Then again, cutting weapons have been called a bit OP before… even I don’t particularly favor them.