Blaster Arm: Worth it?

I’ve successfully carried a steel plating with one arm (I’m very strong though). I’ll try wielding it later.

I recently discovered, to my detriment, that turrets are immune to fusion blaster fire. Apparently it reflects right off their armor.

Which reminded me that I already knew that about skeletons: they’re immune to fusion blaster fire as well.

So, consider that you will still need a backup firearm against turrets, and possibly against skeletons as well.

[quote=“grisamentum, post:22, topic:1004”]I recently discovered, to my detriment, that turrets are immune to fusion blaster fire. Apparently it reflects right off their armor.

Which reminded me that I already knew that about skeletons: they’re immune to fusion blaster fire as well.

So, consider that you will still need a backup firearm against turrets, and possibly against skeletons as well.[/quote]
I throw rocks at skeletons, throw explosives at turrets, and blast away indiscriminately against everything else, this works great once you can craft grenades.

[quote=“Weyrling, post:23, topic:1004”][quote=“grisamentum, post:22, topic:1004”]I recently discovered, to my detriment, that turrets are immune to fusion blaster fire. Apparently it reflects right off their armor.

So, consider that you will still need a backup firearm against turrets, and possibly against skeletons as well.[/quote]
I throw rocks at skeletons, throw explosives at turrets, and blast away indiscriminately against everything else, this works great once you can craft grenades.[/quote]

Pipebombs work well enough.

EMP Grenades work wonderful against turrets.

And if you’re a novice Thrower, Rocks in quantity will do the job too. Just approach when it isn’t light out.

At that point you might as well make a coil gun and snipe the buggers.

At that point you might as well make a coil gun and snipe the buggers.[/quote]
Except coil guns are basically a nail gun and to fire at a turret you need to be close up (a 2 tile radius I think) in range of the turret to turn you into Swiss Cheese (even in the dark).

Except if you’ve got some form of night vision. Otherwise, as you get a couple shot before the turret react, it’s quite easy to down it with a large-caliber handgun.