Bionics (General balance and other issues)

This would mostly be a matter of applying the same tagging system to mutations and bionics, which would immediately make them conflict in a meaningful way. And might also replace the manually-applied conflicts in the mutation system.[/quote]
GlyphGryph had an idea (that I personally liked quite a bit) where rather than causing conflicts certain mutations can only be obtained when certain bionics are present first. For example if you have the metal plating bionic and the game attempts to mutate you a claws mutation, there is a chance that it will give you the “metal claws” mutation (and there is also a chance it could just give you the claws mutation and destroy/ruin your current bionic, or there is a chance it could just give you the claws mutation and do nothing to your bionic). I do agree that having certain mutations should make installing certain bionics more difficult, but I’m not too sure about impossible. After all just because I have tentacles doesn’t mean that I can have an integrated toolset in them, it just raises the difficult for a successful installation.