Bicycle issues

Not a bug, per se, but bicycles have a few issues, specifically:

[ul][li]Slow acceleration. A healthy cyclist should be able to get up to speed within 3-5 tiles. 1 point of acceleration per turn is way too low.[/li]
[li]Stamina. A well-trained cyclist can literally ride all day without stopping. Does my character need some skill for this? My stamina bar drained after threeish map blocks. I can run further without draining stamina that badly.[/li][/ul]

[quote=“TacticalPteridactyl, post:1, topic:10234”]Not a bug, per se, but bicycles have a few issues, specifically:

[ul][li]Slow acceleration. A healthy cyclist should be able to get up to speed within 3-5 tiles. 1 point of acceleration per turn is way too low.[/li]
[li]Stamina. A well-trained cyclist can literally ride all day without stopping. Does my character need some skill for this? My stamina bar drained after threeish map blocks. I can run further without draining stamina that badly.[/li][/ul][/quote]

what’s your driving skill? maybe you’re not yet that well-trained cyclist you’re speaking about?

Currently driving skill doesn’t help with acceleration. It’s all about the vehicle and user’s strength.

You don’t need to be strong to make a bicycle move, and for it to go any slower than a walking pace on the first pedal rotation is pretty unrealistic.

bump

Only thing I can say is that you are used to biking with maybe 10-30 ibs, 45ibs tops. Now go for a ride on your bike and put a backpack with what your character is carrying, If you can go hours without getting tired at 16kms or 32 kms then you can complain about slow acceleration and fatigue.
Thanks and have a good day,
Demitri of fetunchini

[quote=“Demitri of fetunchini, post:6, topic:10234”]Only thing I can say is that you are used to biking with maybe 10-30 ibs, 45ibs tops. Now go for a ride on your bike and put a backpack with what your character is carrying, If you can go hours without getting tired at 16kms or 32 kms then you can complain about slow acceleration and fatigue.
Thanks and have a good day,
Demitri of fetunchini[/quote]

Demitri, we have discussed this point already. http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=11971.msg264976#msg264976

Test it using a naked character, and you will find it takes something ungodly like 50 turns to accelerate through a single map tile from stopped. The aforementioned naked character will exhaust their stamina in just a few map tiles.

Further, I have been on overnight bike trips with a loaded trailer in tow. It should never, ever, take more than 10 seconds to get through an intersection.