Bibles, Books of Mormons, Torahs, Menorrahs, Branch Davidian's book of Christ

I find it funny that if you knew how much I argued with mormons enough times, you’d understand why I’m steering the conversation back to mormons.

Because I find them fascinating. Their magic undergarments. Their overly politeness… The fact that they’re germ-free and if you need blood transfusions, they’re the cleanest and best type of donor.

I propose a new type of zombie, the Mormon zombie, which does not attack you, overtly, but just tries to convince you through decent and polite small talk and theological discussion that reading the book of Mormon is beneficial. Then, when you read it, you’re swarmed by zombies. But the Mormon zombie doesn’t attack. They’re pretty cool. But they own the boy scouts now, and they’ve turned it pretty theocratic. So that’s a drag.

So, wha

Can these religious books be worn as protection for the torso with according encumbrance?

I swear, I heard this urban legend, that a priest stopped a .22 caliber bullet with a bible… And then a .45 caliber slug blew right through it into his forehead.

PR’ed.

Could they throw some phrases like the Hitchhiker’s guide?

First question:
Should religious texts appear in the game?
Answer: Yes, because no self cencorship.

That was easy mode.

How should they affect morale when read?
Hard mode activated…(inb4 new trait “Religious: Morale boost when reading religious texts.”)

Obligatory link. Stand back, boy. This calls for divine intervention!

[quote=“Rookie, post:25, topic:5015”]First question:
Should religious texts appear in the game?
Answer: Yes, because no self cencorship.

That was easy mode.

How should they affect morale when read?
Hard mode activated…(inb4 new trait “Religious: Morale boost when reading religious texts.”)[/quote]

And like the martial arts traits, it should let you select what religion?

The next thing is should it be a negative trait or positive?

Ow nice! more stuff to collect!

If we want to reach out, and stop potential controversy why not make it into a mod pack?

I wanna collect them all.

Who said we want to do that?
As said in the mod manager thread, if it’s an item that exists in the real world in significant quantities, you’re going to have an uphill battle convincing us to put it in a mod.

Gotta Catch Them All: Religion

While we’re adding religious texts, can we add a Necronomicon for those of us who follow the teachings of our Lord Cthulhu the Great Old One? Considering some of the stuff that shows up in Cata, I can see a LOT of people joining the faith.

Also, if religious traits get added, would anyone be interested if I made armoured versions of sacred texts, for the more militant post-apocalyptic disciple? Basically a heavy, steel plated book (or probably pole arm in the case of the Torah) that can both nourish the spirit AND bash those heathen zombies over the head.

This.
+1000000

As long as we get the Book of Eibon, the Book of Azathoth, the Celano fragments and the Pnakotic Manuscripts too.
No De Vermis, please.

@Natures Witness: Steel-plated holy books, yes please. Make sure to give them a block too.

Nah no to cheap copies of the necronomicon, if we are going have books about the elder gods, they better be the actual powerful brain melting version

What if the mass r̪̻͍̣̱͓͂̈́͋̊̚͘e̸̫͕̫̦̟̬͐͆̕p̢̘ͮͮ̍ͦ̆̾̚̚l͖͇͉̗̜̤͚͉̪ͩ̇̽ͬ̈́̓ͬ͒͢͝͞i̠̘̮͎̊͑̇̀̑͆͊c͓̻̤̣̟͉̬̋a̱̗͇̪͖͚͍͆̊͒̔͘t̮̲̯̪̜̩͇͉̒͋ͤi̪̟͈͖̠͉͊̉̋́̆o͙̱̝̹͓̊ͭͤͣ̉͛ͅn͍̐͐̾̅ ̲̦̲̲̰̩̼̪̊́̊̑̂̉ of d̸͇̺͖͓͔̿ͬ͂̄͌̂̃̆a̔ͥͥͮ͏͉̟̭̪̟͖̩̖͔r̸̡̟̱͓̲̰̼͍̞̖ͤķ̬͖̼̣͔̀̎ͮ̿ͦ̏̚ ̴̲͈͕̖̬̥̫̍̒ͭt̡̳̮̭͔͇̙̳͗̌́́e͂ͦͫ̉҉͏͔̲͔͇͕x͇̭͔̜̯͔̳̏̎́͛͆̚͜͡t̟̯͓̘̳͋ͮ͒̃̌̚s̖̻̟͚͓̑̒̆͐̽ͪ̈́̿ about the c̟̬̺̟͒ͥr̵͙̣̻̈́̋̂͠a̓̏ͦ҉̠̖̟̪̼̯̰w̋̄ͫ̉ͥͭ͋͠͏̹̞̬̥̮̜̗l̂ͮ̾̆ͬ͏̛͍͖̟͔̘̥̰i̘̬͒ͩ̽n̰̗̄ͮͮ̚ģ̗̣̄ͧ̍̅ͬͤ́ ̡͔̭̘͚̰͉̅̋́c̰̱͂h̡̟̮̱̣̾͟a̴͎͔ͨ̐́͑͐̽̐̓͝o̸͚͓̞̝͕̝̮̿́ͨ͛̑̓͆ͯs͖̮͉̭͚̓̈́ͦͅͅ ͉̙̣͐͛ͥ was ẅ̶̵̠̭͊̋ͣ̋̐ͤ͒h̡̟̠̖͎̗̮̮͍ͭ̈́͆͒̕a̠ͯ͛̈͒ͮ͟t̸̳̹̀͂̎́͞ ̌ͫ̆͛̐̊̑̒͏̫͖̜̮̮̺͙̱̺́cͤ̈̊ͭ͛͆҉͍̺̻̠a̴̗̫̰͖̲͕͈͓̗̿͒͌̄ͫ͌̓̈ú͉̒̆ͬͅs̴͔͚̮̩̼̹̳̠̟͒̓͂ͫȩ̨͉̹͇̊̀ͩͩ̈ͨ̓͒ͩd̸͎̰̣͔͆͒ͨ̄ ̶̮̟̗ͮ̎ͥ̃̂ͥ̒̊ͬt̑́͟͏̰͓̦͇̞̣̣h͙̋̑̃ͫ̇͘e̎̅ͦ̓̀͏̻͎̮͇̳̗ ̖̲̙̾̍͜N͍̖̤͖̞̘͓͚͒̊ͮͪ̆ͅe̥̠͈ͧͤ̾̈ͥͨͪ̅ͪ͘͟͠ͅt̴̡̬̼͚̑ͪ͆̈́h̗̼̠ͥ̈͛́e̔҉͈̀r͋̎ͧ̓̏̿͊͂҉̲̺̘̖̰͓̱ͅͅ ̷̤͇͈̲̼͊͐ͪp̳ͮ͒̑̆͝o̷͈͕̾̇̉̾r̷̠̻͖̲͈̱̜̭̋̓̍t̸̛̥͚̟͇̫̰̪̖̮ͤͩ̾̅ͬa̡͖̠͇͍̜̙͎̞̦ͩͭ̉ͨ̾ͭ́͢l̪̦̭̰̼͍̩̠̓̿ͦ͊ͮ̀͠s̴̨͓̲͋ͪ̾̊̾̇͟ͅ ̗̮̼̱͒͋̆̉ͧ̐̑̉t̺͉̗̳̤̖̝̍ͤ̉ͪ̿ͨ͢͞o̳̭̓̈͆̔̂̌ͤ́͢͞ ̸̡̟̦̘͚̩͚̟̊ͥ̌̃̒ͧ̓ͣ͝s̡͔ͨ̕ͅh̶̟̞̻̣͇̼̑̿ͮ̍ͦ̌͋̀̚͜a̞̤͉̯̘̻͔̳͌̉̋͜͞t̜̗̞͈ͤ̽̒͢ţ̸͙̫̭̰̰̥͌ͭ̐͞e͓̥̬̦͍̯ͧ̎ͅr̩͚̙̥̮͆ͣ́́̕ ̷̤̬̀̇͋̊̈́̆͗́͟r̠̪̮̮͚̐̏͑͋e̢̗̲̖̻̖͖̪̮̽̌͆́̒͑ẵ̷͔̰̖ͪͭ̇͛ͪ̏l͓̤̘̬̻̻̉ͧ͆̀̀̌̓ͣ̑́i͖̳̓̑̈͊ͤ̆̏̾͠ṭ̴̞̮͈́y̵̷͕͈͖̪ͭ͊ ͑ͣ͏͍̗̝͜ã͙̝̹̃͞n̻͕̼̩̤̼̮͖͎ͬ͒ͦd͐͂̓͌͆̈͗̓̆͏͚̥̝ ̞̻ͩͣ̓̉̑͡c͖̩̔ͮ̔͡ą͛͋ͣ͐̈́͡͏̦̜uͬͤ҉̻̥͉͕͉̲̝̞s̫͂ͫ̊ͩ́ẽ̢͍̠̮͋ͭ̓̏̏̅ ̬̠̩̼̅ͭͬͧ͐́͜͡tͤͭͧ҉̩͇̣̦̫̺̱ḧ͍͈̰̯͙͎͙̰̂̀͝ĕ̵̢̗̼͈ͧͬ ̷̮̂̃̊̂̑̀́c̢̣̝̺̳̠̻̩̔͒ͮ̿̇̂̈͛ḁ̛̪͇̭̞͚̹͚͛̄̊̌͊̓͋ͧ͢t̴̛̬͉̘̯̲̰̾͟á̴̡̡͉̪̙̪ͣ̈̅̑̂̅̉c͙̜̐̈́́ļ̶̸̩̖̟͇͉ͭͩ͗̓ͧͪy͓̱͇̳̭̠͙̔̇̾́͢s̶̥̻̣̤̓͑́̚m̢̫̼̪͈̠̤̥͙̀̔̂?̴̸̝͓̤̔ͤ̇͑ͥ̎ͬ I͔͕̖͎̝̬̫̽a̖̜̬̦̗̭͒̾͌͐̓ͥ͐̚͢ ̼́̈̋̆̾̐ͤ̚͠S̮̳̭̖͇͓͙͈ͪ̕͟h̞͕͈͓̻̯̻̭̬̉̆ͭ̓ͥ̊́u̫̣͖̲̮̯̾͢b̷̪̝͖ͮͬ̀̔͛͞-̢̤̙͆̉̕Nͤ̔͆͐ͤ̌̚҉̬̘͕̱̞̣̦̳͝ͅi̴̮͋ͣ̓ͫ̈́͞g̶̵̲̼̹͓͊͜g̶̞͖̟͒ͯͧ͆̚̕u̴͙̩͇̇̃͗͛͝r̨̙̋ͮ̅͆̇̃ͪ͜͠ͅa͖̪̪̳̼̤͖̬̘ͧ̓̎͠t̷͖̗̞̟̙̩ͧ̒̑̈́͘h̷̢̙̲͉̤̲͇̼̐̂ͦ̑ͤͪͣ̈́̏͞ͅ,̩͓͖̱̤̩̗̍͊̿͜ ̧̍̑ͭ͏͓I̩͖̭ͭ̓̈̃̀͛̊̓ͬ͞A̴̗̣̟̗͛͡!̻͖̞͛̈̆̅ ̡͕͇̬͙̤̱̩̘̅͂̋́̈̽I̡͖͒͌ͥ́Ă̷̩͔̹̩ͩ̓̑̂̚!̗͖̮̖͚̘͌ͩ͟

Am i the only one getting mostly just errors from this? (Boxes instead of most of the characters)

No you aren’t.

From my last post? Really?

I wonder why that is. It’s supposed to give you weird creepy corrupted text. Not boxes, but lots of characters.

Looks completely normal (For Zalgo corruption) to me.