Better Fires

So I was playing Cataclysm DDA today and I decided to make some non perishable food for the winter or when all my food rots. I saw that I could only craft 1 fruit leather piece which takes 18 minutes to make and the fire had already died. I put about 5 newspapers in there and a withered plant. The fires seem kind of… Well weak… I think they should last longer. Not long enough to craft enough things to survive the Ice Age but just enough so that you don’t have to restart the fire every time you craft an item.

This is more a function of what fuel is in the fire, paper burns very very fast. My rule of thumb is 10 tinder, 2 rags, 2 two-by-fours; that gives a good amount of time to purify water and make pizza and I can always toss a third two-by-four in to extend the time. Try some heftier, larger-volume fuel.

[quote=“gbuchold, post:2, topic:11495”]This is more a function of what fuel is in the fire, paper burns very very fast. My rule of thumb is 10 tinder, 2 rags, 2 two-by-fours; that gives a good amount of time to purify water and make pizza and I can always toss a third two-by-four in to extend the time. Try some heftier, larger-volume fuel.[/quote]Oooh, I’ll start doing this more often.
As it is currently, I thought most fire died out almost instantly, given how fast entire logs burn out, maybe I was mistaken, though. Which is why I was a total scrub and batch-crafted 20 clean water succesfully on top of a single scrap of paper.

i use bushes, they last 3-4, pieces of meat in good dry weather.

combat fire is insane. try using fire to compliment your fighting