Best/worse martial arts in its current status

I am interested in your assesment in current martial arts sistem and to learn of some potientally usefull martial arts por those which shoudl be avoided.I heard some arts dont really functions as inteded so lets make assesment based on current effects and not supposed ones

Fighting styles:
myself i pretty much most respect and use brawling though it neeeds high lvl to tryly shine-lvl 5 to unlock counter attack.at that point it rocks at least in my game play.

as for others i mostly encounter aikido,boxing and taekwondo of which i find tekwondo most efficent while aikido least.boxing also for some reasons dont impress me much .
Krav maga is good backup matial skill for slicing weapons and decent in damage on its own.
Judo seems good for grab break as currently breaks can rally ruin your day in pinch.

Weapons syles:
martial arts i find swordmanskip absolutely murderous cause of stop trust which simply decimates attacking mobs without player input.
Second one is niten ichi ru is which excelnt damage dealer.
Silat have nice array of weapons it applies to but cant really compete with first ones.
I find eskrima almost completely unappeling,which may be wrong.

The Dragon Shaolin Adept style is definitely the best at later skills level then any other. You can literally walk through a horde of zombies slaughtering everything that’s dumb enough to try to melee attack you, as long as you are wary of spitters and shockers that is. Unfortunately you can only obtain this style in character creation.

Watch, try out the black-belt profession with the Dragon style and go to town. You will be amazed.

Personally though I prefer the Niten Ichi-Ryu Melee Weapon style the most. But I always had a thing for samurais, and besides this one is pretty powerful itself.

Taekwondo is a good one too, mostly because of it damage reductions and its multiple limb blocking.

And I never found much use for Krav Maga, but it’s decent. Akido on the other hand actually weakens you so it’s best just to treat it like the trash it is.

I almost always take Taekwondo for the limb blocking as it tends to save my butt early on. Having said that, I’m tempted to try the Dragon style mentioned above and see how that fares.

Never actually found swordsmanship or fencing, sadly, though I always keep an eye out. Niten is, of course, god tier damage dealing. Eskrima’s great for rapidfire attacking, but it’s not something I ever actually go searching for so much as a nice perk if I happen to find it between starting out and breaking into the right lab.

Krav Maga has a damage bonus, rapidfire punches, stunning crits, grab and grab break plus arm/leg blocks. It’s no frills, but extremely solid, and not too uncommon in book form. It’s even pretty good against NPCs, thanks to disarm. Wiki seems to be lying about it having a counter attack, though.
Karate’s pretty good with its multiple blocks and decent attacks, and again, very easy to pick up in a gym.
Boxing was actually surprisingly solid when I tried it. Cross counter can deal a huge amount of damage.

One that rarely seems to get much attention is Zui Quan (Drunk Fu). Not book available, and its not one of the hard hitters, but infinite dodge count combined with counter attack is beautiful. Once you get your skills up there you can stand in the middle of a horde of zombies and watch the whole crowd melt against you without you taking even a scratch.

I took black belt profession, 8 unarmed - 8 dodge - 8 melee + Zu Quan.

I also crafted nail knuckles as my first unarmed_flag weapon, i’ll eventually end up with a katar or something.

Anyway, there was an eyebot getting swarmed by zombies and it was annoying me to see the log so i got close and killed a few zombies and then killed the eyebot when all of a sudden the dozen zombies turn on me instead and i just dodged and “lurched” and counter-attacked everything to death lol.

After that i put on a filter mask i looted from an NPC and had to kill 4 riot control cops and 5 or 6 police bots with a quarterstaff cos doing it with nail knuckles just zapped me.

It’s my first time using black belt profession or Zu Quan martial arts, i’m impressed with both.

I use eskrima with a kukri and I can’t be touched. My melee skill is like, 6, but still. Shit is awesome. I regularly do over 100 damage per hit

I always take ninjitsu, because silent melee attacks are cool. The momentum bonus is small but nice. It really doesn’t do much else, but being able to take a zed out silently at the start of the game and being compatible with weapons makes it my favorite skill. I’ve also never found a book on it in game.

I just checked the code. No counter attack, that I can see. Also, I’m curious if the grab break is working, based on how the code is structured (Haven’t tested yet).

I’m curious if anyone has compared:
Eskrima with Monomolecular blade vs
Fencing with Monomolecular blade vs
Niten-Ichi Ryu with a diamond katana

My guess would be that one of those is the best late game martial art.

did anyobody had experience with capoerira or myai thai?

Crapoeira is horrible. I tried balancing it, but couldn’t do much.
Muay thai is pretty good if you enjoy stuns and really good if you can get a high crit rate. Benefits from high strength, ie. hydraulic muscles.

As for others:
Niten has been nerfed hard since its creation, but it’s still amazing at high perception. It’s one of the reasons for why single pool start is so much stronger than multi pool.
Fencing is good for counters and quick strikes
Tiger and dragon are good for heavily mutated characters, with huge relevant stats. Tiger with hydraulic muscles will disintegrate everything. Dragon scales of intelligence, which is horrible, but scales well and has counters (both block and dodge), stuns, knockback, downing - all the cool effects. Gets amazing on stimulants.
Good old brawling is fine for escapes.

I read someone say that capoeira with rollerblades was fun because moving around stacks dodge(i think).

Moving with rollerblades is fast and after you move you hit and then dodge with the bonus then move and attack again ad nauseum.

I’ve also noticed after fighting a handful of brutes that their special throw attack doesn’t hurt me or knock me down with Zu Quan :DDDDDD.

I’ll try fisticuff a hulk next and see if him punting me does anything, otherwise Zu Quan is a fantastic counter for those type of end game monsters.

If i put on a wetsuit and am acid proof while using Zu Quan, am i hordeproof?

[quote=“X-PLODE, post:12, topic:12245”]I read someone say that capoeira with rollerblades was fun because moving around stacks dodge(i think).

Moving with rollerblades is fast and after you move you hit and then dodge with the bonus then move and attack again ad nauseum.

I’ve also noticed after fighting a handful of brutes that their special throw attack doesn’t hurt me or knock me down with Zu Quan :DDDDDD.

I’ll try fisticuff a hulk next and see if him punting me does anything, otherwise Zu Quan is a fantastic counter for those type of end game monsters.

If i put on a wetsuit and am acid proof while using Zu Quan, am i hordeproof?[/quote]

I would assume that you’re including some kind of electrical and smoke/gas immunity as well, but I think hulks and brutes punching you THROUGH stuff (including other zombies) would still be harmful. Also, predators would still ruin your day.

But otherwise… um, yeah, pretty much, I think.

Must agree on the Eskrima OP-ness. Had it in combination with an expandable baton, I was able to just batter anything in my way. Regularly cleared out 30-40+ zombie stacks by funneling them through close spaces (with table/chairs), and even when the character got exhausted it was just too effective at beating the everloving piss out of anything that couldn’t touch me.

Must agree on the Eskrima OP-ness. Had it in combination with an expandable baton, I was able to just batter anything in my way. Regularly cleared out 30-40+ zombie stacks by funneling them through close spaces (with table/chairs), and even when the character got exhausted it was just too effective at beating the everloving piss out of anything that couldn’t touch me.[/quote]

Eskima plus machete is just crazy good, like “almost as good as Niten Ichi-ryo with 12 perception before they nerfed it” good.