Best way to store food?

The water boils went you watch? damn that´s hot.

Once you have access to cooking oil, (most commonly for me is plant bladders(1), but cotton(1)/canola(4) seeds are also available once you can farm) and flour, then biscuits are insanely good. (24 at 8 portions = 192 nutrition. Also makes you healthier.) for 2 flour and one cooking oil. Even if you can’t farm, 2 buckwheat or 2 cooked acorn meal yields 10 flour, and 1 plant bladder yields 2 cooking oil.

If you are using the survivor mess kit (10 volume, 2 boiling, 1 containing, 1 chemical making, 3 food cooking quality) you can also convert cooking oil into lamp oil, which the survivor mess kit uses. I believe you can also start a fire nearby and still use the survivor mess kit without the oil too, but don’t quote me on that. You need 4 fabrication to attempt to make a lamp oil cooker, from a oil lamp (created at 3 fabrication and it requires either a glass flask, jar, or bottle, a tin/aluminum can (or an empty canister or a clay teapot/jug), a rag, and a scrap metal), a pilot light (disassemble a used up or spare lighter), 50 duct tape, and 3 scrap metals. You then combine the lamp oil cooker with some kind of pot, and this will make the survivor mess kit. You’ll need a least a rock to create the oil lamp, but that shouldn’t be too hard.

The hardest part about this recipe may very well be the duct tape.

If you can farm and you have them, farming beans and something that can give either sugar, or sugar beet syrup (sugar beet syrup doesn’t spoil in my current experimental game) can be combined with your smoked meat (or later on, if you want to get away from that, canned meat is good if you have jars, and canning meat can be made faster in my current experimental, so it’s slightly slower to can meat than it is to smoke it, but not by much when you factor not having to deal with charcoal in.) to create baked beans. Baked beans gives you 4 potions of 44 nutritional food which equates too 176 nutrition. But more importantly, the biscuit covers the wheat food group and the baked beans covers the flesh and plant matter food group.

This equals a healthier diet in-game, which I don’t know if it has any effects on your health, but it might matter in the future once the devs or a good modder implements a proper nutritional system, so this is a good habit to get into eventually. The biscuit itself is healthy for you though. 10 units of flour = 1 volume, 2 units of cooking oil = 1 volume (but it needs to be kept in a container, which why doesn’t flour need to be kept in a container? Gives us a good use for those plastic bags.).

Lastly, plant bladders can be easily acquired by killing funagloids, or triffids. Fungaliods seem to be way more common for me though, for some reason, but whatevz. Just make sure you are well covered.

Just to add to the above:

If you want a lot of cooking oil, start to farm cotton. Even a small patch of cotton plants can give you a gigantic amount of seeds, which can then be made into oil. Thing is, you only get a handful of seeds from the actual harvest, but once you turn the cotton bolls into cotton balls, you get some extra seeds.

Wait. I love salt. How do I get salt from swamps?

Some pools hold salt water. Just get a container and fill them up. It’s an infinite source, so don’t be shy.

It comes out as salt water. Several recipes are okay with that, but you can convert it to salt which is a lot more portable.

Things I like to cook (I’m in middle-end game)

woods soup (doesn’t need broth, pine needle tea is good too: doesn’t spoil, can be stored in jugs or jerrycans) can be made with many ingredients.

Hamburgers and cheeseburgers (only when I find fresh meat). I use hardtack I craft during long winters because doesn’t spoil. For the vegetable ingredients I usually store some canned tomatoes or pickled veggies (this one needs vinegar, but I craft a shitton of vinegar, I’ll explain later). For the sauces horseradish, mustard and soy sauce are great because don’t spoil and come with many charges. Hamburgers may not nourish like other foods but give a nice morale boost.

Vinegar: for batteries and pickled food. I use fruit juice to craft it, this one (use fruit + clean water recipe, it’s better, imho) is great because also produces fruit pulp as secondary output.
Aaand don’t underestimate fruit pulp! You can craft nice stuff with it like granola! Protein shake! Fruit pancake! Fruit waffle! Seasoned salt! All this stuff with a secondary output ingredient! Be sure to store it in a minifridge.

[quote=“Kordian, post:26, topic:11131”][spoiler]Things I like to cook (I’m in middle-end game)

woods soup (doesn’t need broth, pine needle tea is good too: doesn’t spoil, can be stored in jugs or jerrycans) can be made with many ingredients.

Hamburgers and cheeseburgers (only when I find fresh meat). I use hardtack I craft during long winters because doesn’t spoil. For the vegetable ingredients I usually store some canned tomatoes or pickled veggies (this one needs vinegar, but I craft a shitton of vinegar, I’ll explain later). For the sauces horseradish, mustard and soy sauce are great because don’t spoil and come with many charges. Hamburgers may not nourish like other foods but give a nice morale boost.

Vinegar: for batteries and pickled food. I use fruit juice to craft it, this one (use fruit + clean water recipe, it’s better, imho) is great because also produces fruit pulp as secondary output.
Aaand don’t underestimate fruit pulp! You can craft nice stuff with it like granola! Protein shake! Fruit pancake! Fruit waffle! Seasoned salt! All this stuff with a secondary output ingredient! Be sure to store it in a minifridge.[/spoiler][/quote]

I do a plated spiked ram loot motorcycle but I having bad luck finding a mini fridge, but I find some solar panels, and managed to do a welding rig.

The tree soup lol, seems good cheap and practical.
Was asking myself if could have a farm to make vinegar. The food I wish to have barrels is the protein shake.

You can. You can plant certain fruits that can be turned to fruit juice, and you can craft those to make unfermented vinegar. To ferment it, you need to set the unfermented vinegar into a fermentation tank you have to construct.

If you want protein shakes, pick the fruit juice recipe that requires clean water. You get fruit juice to make into vinegar, and that crafting recipe gives out fruit pulp as a byproduct which in turn can be used as an ingredient for protein shakes.

The best way to store food is in your stomach, of course!

Honestly though, a vortex generator and a storage battery with a minifridge on the same frame will go a LONG way.

Sounds like the glutenous version of doctor who: “You keep all your food in a minifridge??” “It’s bigger on the inside…”

If I understand how z-levels and reality bubbles in the game work correctly, as long as your z-levels aren’t enabled, your food won’t rot if it’s on a different z-level since it isn’t loaded in your reality bubble. So, if you throw all your raided food into a basement and go down there only to retrieve your food, it shouldn’t spoil before you get some other means of feeding yourself.

If I got everything wrong and the game calculates how much time passed since you last entered the basement/LMOE/subway etc., then this won’t work and your food will spoil as soon as you descend(or ascend) the staircase.

On another note, it’s really interesting seeing how everyone else feeds their characters. I’ll probably try a few out.

Food rot is calculated retroactively. You can’t avoid it by staying off the z-level with food.
There was an old exploit where you could keep food fresh indefinitely by only visiting it in winter, but nowadays food rot temperature is recalculated for every hour.

Similar mechanics apply to funnels (which also work while you “aren’t looking”), solar panels and growing plants.

Whaaaaat?? I didn’t realise this counted for solars and funnels! yessss

Well, for solars only in experimental. Vehicle funnels only exist in experimental, but funnels in stable work outside bubble too.

Food rot is calculated retroactively. You can’t avoid it by staying off the z-level with food.
There was an old exploit where you could keep food fresh indefinitely by only visiting it in winter, but nowadays food rot temperature is recalculated for every hour.

Similar mechanics apply to funnels (which also work while you “aren’t looking”), solar panels and growing plants.[/quote]
Yeah, thought that was likely. However, I didn’t realize solar panels are now retroactively calculated in experimental. They’re a lot more useful now that you don’t have to sit nearby for it to charge.

Liquor doesn’t rot, so it’s entirely possible for a survivor living off nothing but booze that has nutrition and quench*.

*only if you have blood filter and leukocyte breeder. The formet will flush away the stat loss (and more importantly the chance to puke), and the latter will keep the survivor healthy, so really it’s only possible if the survivor has those two bionics.

[quote=“Azrad, post:36, topic:11131”]Liquor doesn’t rot, so it’s entirely possible for a survivor living off nothing but booze that has nutrition and quench*.

*only if you have blood filter and leukocyte breeder. The formet will flush away the stat loss (and more importantly the chance to puke), and the latter will keep the survivor healthy, so really it’s only possible if the survivor has those two bionics.[/quote]
with ethanol burner you do not need to worry about power too
when you drink you generate power what you can use to power blood filter and leukocyte breeder

Im doing research now about food.
For current moment most interesting notes are:

[ul][li]Dehydration really fastest and simplest way to storage. So I count this as base.Also you can rehydrated it, but I rarely eat it as is[/li]
[li]Protein shakes dont give any advantage on dehydration and takes a lot more effort to create and store[/li]
[li]Granola in long term needs rice or oat - un renewable resource[/li]
[li]Pemmicans - has one of the best food value increase from unperish foods that I checked. So use every fat you get to pemmicans. Version vith fresh fruit is better[/li]
[li]You can store unperishable indigriends for lasagnie and cook it when you want to it. It has even bigger then pemmican food value increase[/li]
[li]Buckwheat can be aquired from underbushes at summer and farmed after. Each one can give you 50 food. Or you can mill for flour. It is better then other flourables and easer to get. [/li]
[li]After you get funnel and purifier - water really no problem, so I dont care about quench and drink clean water from water tank in car. And refill it once a year.[/li]
[li]Foodcoo kitchen is must have mounted on solar panel vehicle[/li]
[li]You can get rhubarbs from underbush/farming in 20 quantity and they can be turned into dehydrated fruits - the most profitable source of dehydrated fruits[/li]
[li]Powdered eggs is more efficient egg usage for scrambled eggs. Always mill your eggs before making scrambled egg[/li]
[li]Make scrambled egg, not deluxe[/li]
[li]lard is better then tallow, because it give you hot food as aside bonus product[/li]
[li]rice is rare and unrenewable so save it for desperate deluxe rice and beans. Dont make granols from it - they sucks[/li][/ul]

So recipe for long term is such:

1. Make pemmican with fresh fruit
  2. Make egg powder for scrambled eggs
  3. Dehydrate all(fruit/meat/veggi) except wild herbs(for lasagne)
  4. Make flour for lasagne, and raw lasagne
  5. Make hardtrack(galetta=2 flour+salt) if you low on pemmican
  6. Make sugar from part fruit and lye
  7. Make fruit leather

So you ration is:
pemmican/hardtrack/fruit leather for long travel(based on what you have:fat/flour/fruit)
scrambled egg/veggi pizza for fast eat
lasagne for heavy nutritios eat
dehydrated veggi/fruit/meat for lazy fast eat

also wild veggi is twice as good when cooked. So better to farm them, lol.

Farm plot: buckweat, wild herbs, wild veggi, any fruit(rhubarb?)
And I get some buckwheat with me in order to make haggis from stomach, buckwheat, fat and meat(dmeat). It spoils but provides enormous source of food while hunting(you get meat, stomach and fat from hunt, so you need a few buckwheats to cary)

I dont make research on soups, but they harder to get and have perishable indigriends and less nutrition. So I rarelly use them.
Also pickling and jaring harder to craft/count so I dont use them
Canning requires can sealer and i didnt find one in my stable-generated world

Here goes my compare table
delta drain - surplus that you gain from main indigriend (nutr minus base nutr of all ind except main ind) per one main ind
delta food - nutr minus base butr of all ind(per portion)

[table]
[tr][td]Item[/td][td]drain[/td][td]Delta drain[/td][td]Delta food[/td][td]Cost[/td][td]Portion[/td][td]Food[/td][td]Drink[/td][td]Enjoy[/td][td]Perish?[/td][td]health[/td][td]i1[/td][td]ic1[/td][td]i2[/td][td]ic2[/td][td]i3[/td][td]ic3[/td][td]i4[/td][td]ic4[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]powdered egg[/td][td]egg[/td][td] [/td][td]-1,6[/td][td]4,6[/td][td]100,0[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]-2,0[/td][td]-4,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td] [/td][td]egg[/td][td]12[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]scrambled egg[/td][td]egg[/td][td]38,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]38,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]38,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]10,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]egg[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]scrambled egg from powdered egg[/td][td]egg[/td][td]45,6[/td][td]15,2[/td][td]22,8[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]38,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]10,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]powdered egg[/td][td]10[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]fruit pulp[/td][td]fruit[/td][td] [/td][td]-16,0[/td][td]16,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]fruit[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]cooked fruit[/td][td]fruit[/td][td]18,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]16,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]18,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td] [/td][td]fruit[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]dehydrated fruit[/td][td]fruit[/td][td]16,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]16,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]16,0[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]fruit[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]sugar[/td][td]fruit[/td][td] [/td][td]-1,0[/td][td]4,0[/td][td]8,0[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td] [/td][td]fruit[/td][td]2[/td][td]lye[/td][td]50[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]yeast[/td][td]fruit[/td][td] [/td][td]-0,4[/td][td]0,4[/td][td]9,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td] [/td][td]yeast[/td][td]1[/td][td]sugar[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]fruit leather[/td][td]fruit[/td][td]43,2[/td][td]11,3[/td][td]6,7[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]18,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]fruit[/td][td]1[/td][td]sugar[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]fruit pie[/td][td]fruit[/td][td]30,4[/td][td]6,0[/td][td]10,0[/td][td]6,0[/td][td]16,0[/td][td]5,0[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td] [/td][td]flour[/td][td]2[/td][td]dehydrated fruit[/td][td]2[/td][td]sugar[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]lard[/td][td]fat[/td][td]9,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]18,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]18,0[/td][td]-10,0[/td][td]-18,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td] [/td][td]fat[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]pemmican[/td][td]fat[/td][td]50,0[/td][td]20,5[/td][td]16,5[/td][td]8,0[/td][td]37,0[/td][td]-2,0[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]lard[/td][td]2[/td][td]dehydrated meat[/td][td]4[/td][td]fruit[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]sausage[/td][td]fat[/td][td]44,0[/td][td]13,0[/td][td]19,0[/td][td]6,0[/td][td]32,0[/td][td]-1,0[/td][td]5,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]meat[/td][td]3[/td][td]fat[/td][td]3[/td][td]salt[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]cracklings[/td][td]fat[/td][td]16,0[/td][td]3,5[/td][td]4,5[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]8,0[/td][td]-2,0[/td][td]4,0[/td][td]7,0[/td][td]-1,0[/td][td]fat[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]haggis[/td][td]fat[/td][td]203,0[/td][td]32,3[/td][td]15,7[/td][td]6,0[/td][td]48,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]15,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]stomach[/td][td]1[/td][td]buckwheat[/td][td]1[/td][td]dehydrated meat[/td][td]1[/td][td]fat[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]dehydrated veggi[/td][td]veggi[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]-3,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td] [/td][td]veggi[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]veggi aspic[/td][td]veggi[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td] [/td][td]veggi[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]veggi pie[/td][td]veggi[/td][td]38,0[/td][td]6,0[/td][td]10,0[/td][td]6,0[/td][td]16,0[/td][td]5,0[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td] [/td][td]flour[/td][td]2[/td][td]dehydrated veggi[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]sugar[/td][td]veggi[/td][td] [/td][td]3,0[/td][td] [/td][td]8,0[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td] [/td][td]sugar veggi[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]veggi pizza[/td][td]veggi[/td][td]65,0[/td][td]22,5[/td][td]17,5[/td][td]4,0[/td][td]40,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]10,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]flour[/td][td]2[/td][td]dehydrated veggi[/td][td]2[/td][td]wild veggi[/td][td]10[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]broth[/td][td]veggi[/td][td]40,0[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]40,0[/td][td]30,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td] [/td][td]veggi[/td][td]1[/td][td]salt[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]veggi soup[/td][td]veggi[/td][td]30,7[/td][td]8,0[/td][td]15,0[/td][td]4,0[/td][td]23,0[/td][td]8,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td] [/td][td]veggi[/td][td]1[/td][td]dehydrated veggi[/td][td]2[/td][td]salt[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]protein powder[/td][td]meat[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]10,0[/td][td]4,0[/td][td]10,0[/td][td]-4,0[/td][td]-4,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td] [/td][td]dehydrated meat[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]dehydrated meat[/td][td]meat[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]-3,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td] [/td][td]meat[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]protein shake[/td][td]meat[/td][td]28,0[/td][td]4,0[/td][td]26,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]30,0[/td][td]40,0[/td][td]4,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td] [/td][td]protein powder[/td][td]1[/td][td]fruit[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]lasagne[/td][td]meat[/td][td]127,0[/td][td]26,8[/td][td]11,3[/td][td]8,0[/td][td]38,0[/td][td]5,0[/td][td]15,0[/td][td]2,7[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]flour[/td][td]4[/td][td]wild veggi[/td][td]10[/td][td]dehydrated meat[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]deluxe scrambled egg[/td][td]meat[/td][td]26,7[/td][td]4,5[/td][td]28,5[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]33,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]4,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td] [/td][td]powdered egg[/td][td]10[/td][td]dehydrated meat[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]meat sandwich[/td][td]meat[/td][td]82,5[/td][td]20,8[/td][td]9,2[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]30,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td] [/td][td]bread[/td][td]2[/td][td]bologna[/td][td]5[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]bologna[/td][td]meat[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]4,0[/td][td]4,0[/td][td]40,0[/td][td]8,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]23,3[/td][td]-1,0[/td][td]meat[/td][td]8[/td][td]salt[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]meat pie[/td][td]meat[/td][td]76,0[/td][td]9,3[/td][td]6,7[/td][td]6,0[/td][td]16,0[/td][td]5,0[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td] [/td][td]flour[/td][td]2[/td][td]dehydrated meat[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]buckwheat[/td][td]flour[/td][td]10,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]50,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]50,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]flour[/td][td]flour[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]-9,0[/td][td]10,0[/td][td]10,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]-1,0[/td][td]-5,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td] [/td][td]buckwheat[/td][td]2[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]hardtrack[/td][td]flour[/td][td]72,0[/td][td]15,5[/td][td]2,5[/td][td]8,0[/td][td]18,0[/td][td]-2,0[/td][td]-1,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td] [/td][td]flour[/td][td]2[/td][td]salt[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]bread[/td][td]flour[/td][td]53,3[/td][td]16,3[/td][td]3,8[/td][td]8,0[/td][td]20,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td] [/td][td]flour[/td][td]3[/td][td]yeast[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]cooked rice[/td][td]rice[/td][td]36,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]36,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]36,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]10,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]rice[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]deluxe bean and rice[/td][td]rice[/td][td]146,0[/td][td]18,3[/td][td]17,7[/td][td]6,0[/td][td]36,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]4,0[/td][td]15,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]rice[/td][td]1[/td][td]beans[/td][td]1[/td][td]dehydrated meat[/td][td]1[/td][td]salt[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]granola[/td][td]rice[/td][td]54,0[/td][td]9,0[/td][td]22,0[/td][td]8,0[/td][td]31,0[/td][td]-2,0[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]rice[/td][td]4[/td][td]sugar[/td][td]4[/td][td]dehydrated fruit[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]deluxe veggi bean and rice[/td][td]rice[/td][td]128,0[/td][td]15,3[/td][td]17,7[/td][td]6,0[/td][td]33,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]4,0[/td][td]15,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]rice[/td][td]1[/td][td]beans[/td][td]1[/td][td]dehydrated veggi[/td][td]1[/td][td]salt[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]sushi rice[/td][td]rice[/td][td]71,0[/td][td]-1,0[/td][td]37,0[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]36,0[/td][td]-1,0[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]rice[/td][td]1[/td][td]vinegear[/td][td]1[/td][td]salt[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]onigiri[/td][td]rice[/td][td]72,0[/td][td]-0,5[/td][td]28,5[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]28,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]8,0[/td][td]1,5[/td][td]3,0[/td][td]sushi rice[/td][td]1[/td][td]cooked wild veggi[/td][td]1[/td][td]salt[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]meat temaki[/td][td]rice[/td][td]80,0[/td][td]1,5[/td][td]38,5[/td][td]2,0[/td][td]40,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]13,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]sushi rice[/td][td]1[/td][td]meat[/td][td]1[/td][td]cooked wild veggi[/td][td]1[/td][td]salt[/td][td]1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]cooked beans[/td][td]beans[/td][td]50,0[/td][td]0,0[/td][td]50,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]50,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]10,0[/td][td]1,0[/td][td]beans[/td][td]1[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

The best way to store food is to go to an ant mound.

Find an egg chamber.

Pick up 200 eggs.

Come back next year.

For 200 nutrition and only -10 morale, ant eggs are simply too good to pass up. Im actually not sure if they are unhealthy or not. I gather not, considering they are called nutritious.

Just mix in some vitamins or w.e. if they are. Good drink or supplimental food like fresh meat or fruit can completely erase and malus from the practice. And ant defense in the hive is a joke.