Battery mods

I started playing this game a week or two ago, first the stable build and then on to the experimental. I noticed that one of the differences is that you can no longer combine the “rechargeable battery mod” and the “extra battery mod” on the same item. I was wondering if that is a bug or by design.

Assuming it is by design: I understand the logic behind the two being incompatible, but I don’t really see a further use for the extra battery if I can’t recharge it. I was wondering what other people thought of this.

Mmm I’d imagine its more of a convenience thing for items that suck up batteries relatively quickly…

Rechargable battery mod makes a thing rechargable including doubling its storage.

Err… I don’t think it does.

[quote=“EpicMarble, post:1, topic:6725”]I started playing this game a week or two ago, first the stable build and then on to the experimental. I noticed that one of the differences is that you can no longer combine the “rechargeable battery mod” and the “extra battery mod” on the same item. I was wondering if that is a bug or by design.

Assuming it is by design: I understand the logic behind the two being incompatible, but I don’t really see a further use for the extra battery if I can’t recharge it. I was wondering what other people thought of this.[/quote]
Why not just do what other people do and use regular batteries?

I have a 1000 battery welder.

Rechargeable lets you toss it in your trunk-charger and charge from vehicle power. If you don’t have that, better to have the extra capacity.

(And Atomic lets you run anything off plutonium, getting a hella lot more charge BUT requiring plutonium.)

And weighs a lot. But an atomic flashlight has the power of a damn sun.

And weighs a lot. But an atomic flashlight has the power of a damn sun.[/quote]

Just had a mental image of cutting zombies up on Main St. with lightsaber/atomic flashlight.

this needs to be added in some way, be it just the atomic mod or atomic + something else.

I can confirm that in my version, it does not double the storage. The mods are just incompatible. I use the rechargable battery mod for UPS power supplies because it goes well with my NX-17 charge rifle++.