Banned from discord Server

I was banned from the discord server for “apparently a spambot” im not a spambot, i am a human. i have not done any spamming or anything close, its actually been a while sense i said anything. my discord tag is EMBEAM#3079, Please remove the faulty ban

2 Likes

What was the weird roblox avatar generator thing you posted?

1 Like

Yes, it was a Gnome if you actually clicked the link. And even if it was not a funnygnome tm it was already a joke with out the gnome link that it actually brought you to

1 Like

Totally unrelated: What’s the thought process behind the all caps names I’m seeing everywhere? It might just be me, but as soon as I see all caps I have a negative impression of the user.

2 Likes

well my name is all caps cause i had no idea that you could use lower case on pokemon red, and i kinda just kept it that way whenever i used my username for anything else

2 Likes

Alright! Now that’s a reason I can relate to! I too have been using the same username since I was a kid. I was really interested in The Masquerade when I was younger, some great stories there.

Good luck with your ban :slight_smile:

Please repost the link to the roblox thing so I can check it. When you post things that look like spam you get treated like a spammer, and it’s not helping that you didn’t provide a straight answer to my question.

1 Like
1 Like

clicks the link, finds it’s a rickroll
Honestly, if I found someone posting this on any channel I manage I would had also penalised you.

3 Likes

Well it is a meme, even if its a bad unfunny one it still doesn’t break any rules.

2 Likes
  1. No NSFW content, spamming, or advertisements

I’d say that this type of content is SPAM content. Spam is unsolicited electronic mail, text message sent indiscriminately and simultaneously to a number of e-mail addresses, mobile phones, individuals, or newsgroups. I wasn’t there, but since you were banned I assume it was unsolicited hence breaking the rule.

There is another rule:

1. Not knowing the rules is no excuse for breaking them.

:wink:

2 Likes

:wink: its not an advertisement, its a gnome link

2 Likes

It does not matter if it was advertisement or not. Spam doe not have to be advertisment.

2 Likes

What is a gnome link? You say it as if everyone should know what it is.

Between the lack of any actual discussion out of you and the fact that you’re defending your shitposting, I think it’s best to let the ban stand. You’re giving no indication that you actually want to participate.

4 Likes

Bruh, Why the hell would i care about the ban if i didn’t want to participate. Not only was the ban unfair and a mistake, i was not banned for spam. I was banned cause i was assumed to be a bot. And what do you expect to be put in a damn meme channel? things that are not memes?
I thought this community was neat but you guys kinda seem careless and unprofessional. I am not trying to defend a meme i posted, I’m saying that the fact i got banned for a meme is ridiculous.

5 Likes

off-topic is not a meme channel, it’s a channel for discussing topics that are not on-topic for the server’s theme of developing CDDA. It’s on the server so there’s a place for people to digress and take off-topic discussions, not so you can post random unrelated memes.

If you can contribute successfully here on the discourse, we’ll reconsider the ban. That means actually discussing C:DDA, not posting random unrelated memes, even if you do that in one of the off-topic subforums.

1 Like

Damn, trashy community

6 Likes

M’kay…so you’re NOT going to explain what a gnome link is?:pleading_face:

1 Like

I think is a reddit thing? Seems a kind of elaborate rickroll using a gnome from 2008. Not very relevant to the game, though.

1 Like