Bandit/old guard 'checkpoints

Im suggesting checkpoints.

Bandits and old guard alike would eventually set up more organized forms of governence. A tool booth or inspection checkpoint would provide chances for players to either ‘pay a fee’ for ‘safe’ passage or pass loyalty/speech checks. And again, proivde chances for missions.

I want to work on this kind of thing, but my intuition tells me its going to be a C++ kind of thing.

For instance:

-Gates in/on the road, meant to restrict traffic
-Mines on the road or on the flanks of the camps
-Conversations require varying degrees of coding.
-Missions, of course, require coding.
-Bi_hiway is nice, but I suspect it will occassionally be lacking.

But this would serve to help reduce the effectiveness of vehicles and allow more gun-wielding NPCs into the world in a relatively predictable manner. After all, you know what will and won’t get you shot at. Maybe all they are asking for is 400 Apocobucks. Thats pricey but only a small fraction of any survivors loot.

Ideally, Id want these in the forest (to protect the camp from deathmobiles more), along the intercity hiways. Theyd have an increased chance for mines nearby, or simply generate with them or a chance for mines.

I like this idea!

Pretty compelling stuff.

Sure. But stuff Im unlikly to add alone too/

My first step would be to make a camp. I intend to try to force the game ti spawn the road so that I can control how it flows. Something like making a hole in the middle and trying to force the road through that, although with my luck the game would simply spawn a side road that did so.