Are all .71 saves compatible with all .71 updates?

i’m wondering because i’ve been told that the nightly build allows you to mount headlights pointed in any direction and not just straight ahead.

I don’t think so. At least there are two series not compatible to each other.

Every single update should be met with a full delete and clean install. No saved games or transferred character templates till further notice. I do not speak for the developers that is just my understanding of the updates.

–Happy Gaming–

[quote=“deadmerits, post:3, topic:2533”]Every single update should be met with a full delete and clean install. No saved games or transferred character templates till further notice. I do not speak for the developers that is just my understanding of the updates.

–Happy Gaming–[/quote]

Just a clean install (fresh folder) will suffice. No need to lose your old files.

If what KA101 says is true, it still might only work in most cases. My 0.7.1-166-g6fb9379 save will not load in the latest builds, and I’ve tried several. I have a fairly powerful survivor and a large save file, so it could be any number of things causing it I suppose.

While we’ve been doing our best to make sure saves are compatible (It used to be guaranteed save break every single commit), sometimes it’s unavoidable. Anything on experimental could break saves at any point - I’d recommend a clean install, then copy your save over. If it works? awesome! you’re good to go. If not, stick with the old version until you start a new save.

Uh, I was saying that Cata doesn’t scan your drives for other versions and FuckUROM if you’re using old code. I still have 02Feb on the system, for instance. It’s not cross-compatible with 28Jun, but you don’t have to give up your old code.

CataDDA: why would you pay for malware-ridden games when you can get open-source for free?