Apartments? 60 zombies holy smokes!

so just like the title suggests i just wanted to know are apartment houses infinite spawn? because i checked the wiki and there is nothing on apartments

(i can’t count how many brutes i’v killed and zombies i’ve killed while sitting there unloading crossbow bolt after crossbow bolt into a group of 5+ just to kill all of them and take one step foward and have them all replaced)

Apparently people in the future were rich enough to accommodate themselves a living in apartments.

[quote=“mageprince, post:1, topic:1790”]so just like the title suggests i just wanted to know are apartment houses infinite spawn? because i checked the wiki and there is nothing on apartments

(i can’t count how many brutes i’v killed and zombies i’ve killed while sitting there unloading crossbow bolt after crossbow bolt into a group of 5+ just to kill all of them and take one step foward and have them all replaced)[/quote]

The Wiki is lagging behind in terms of updates if you play the nightly build version you will absolutely love the new features and daily updates but keep in mind that nightly builds have save incompatibility issues atm so you have to delete your saves and templates and start over new.

Here’s the current highlights Leg Guards, 3 new crossbows, new bows,more features,missions,prisons,specific mutations and new monsters. (Assuming your not playing the nightly version)

Are you playing on static or dynamic spawn?

Make sure you’re on static. depending on the size of the apartment I’d expect at least 60~ a few hundred zeds.

[ul][li]apartment blocks[/li]
[li]hospitals[/li]
[li]city centers[/li]
[li]office towers[/li]
[li]megastores[/li][/ul]

These are all generally bad places to assault unless you’re already a few days in and have very decent combat skills, unless you’re just going for a quick smash n’ grab.

For example I can’t see there being much point to assaulting apartment blocks or office towers in any case, as anything they would likely contain could easily be taken from somewhere else for much less risk. Hospitals are probably the only exception, as clearing them out would actually be beneficial in terms of sheer amount of drugs to be looted and access to a broken-limb re-generator if you ever get unlucky enough later in the game.

As for large apartment blocks, just think about how many people would have lived in one. Then, when shit hits the fan how many people are gonna hide in them or see them as a good safezone. Other good safezones that would go through the mind would probably be the local church, your own home, a farm on the outskirts etc.

e.g In my town I can think of several decent places to hide in such an outbreak. Two of them are churches-- Stone walls, heavy wooden doors. A third is the local GP’s practice-- second story building with a pharmacy. A police station might be a good idea as long as you can convince them what the fuck is happening, as you may get access to weapons (or at least support.)

Personally unless I had a decent team I would stay the hell away from apartment blocks or office towers in any occurrence, although with a decent team they would make good places to fortify, although the same could be said of any building with stairs you could barricade.
I don’t want to be bitching at some shift supervisor or moody housewife when everything goes to hell.

I always play on static but 100 zeds per apartment dayum! thats a good 2,000 zeds on maps with 4 apartments but thanks guys for the advice i normally stay away from them

Just set it on fire with some ripped clothes and a matchbook/lighter.

[quote=“Iosyn, post:5, topic:1790”]Make sure you’re on static. depending on the size of the apartment I’d expect at least 60~ a few hundred zeds.

[ul][li]apartment blocks[/li]
[li]hospitals[/li]
[li]city centers[/li]
[li]office towers[/li]
[li]megastores[/li][/ul]

These are all generally bad places to assault unless you’re already a few days in and have very decent combat skills, unless you’re just going for a quick smash n’ grab.

For example I can’t see there being much point to assaulting apartment blocks or office towers in any case, as anything they would likely contain could easily be taken from somewhere else for much less risk. Hospitals are probably the only exception, as clearing them out would actually be beneficial in terms of sheer amount of drugs to be looted and access to a broken-limb re-generator if you ever get unlucky enough later in the game.

As for large apartment blocks, just think about how many people would have lived in one. Then, when shit hits the fan how many people are gonna hide in them or see them as a good safezone. Other good safezones that would go through the mind would probably be the local church, your own home, a farm on the outskirts etc.

e.g In my town I can think of several decent places to hide in such an outbreak. Two of them are churches-- Stone walls, heavy wooden doors. A third is the local GP’s practice-- second story building with a pharmacy. A police station might be a good idea as long as you can convince them what the fuck is happening, as you may get access to weapons (or at least support.)

Personally unless I had a decent team I would stay the hell away from apartment blocks or office towers in any occurrence, although with a decent team they would make good places to fortify, although the same could be said of any building with stairs you could barricade.
I don’t want to be bitching at some shift supervisor or moody housewife when everything goes to hell.[/quote]
Only one problem with your hiding places, everyone else will be thinking that as well, a huge mass of people praying as loudly as they can, ringing the dinner bell much!
and a police station, with a huge mass of people running towards salvation, with how many infected people amongst them, distasterous!
just stay home, destroy your stairs, fill the tub, lights off, and wait a few days for things to calm down.

are there good rewards in apartments to make it worth cleaning out?

beer,alcohol and duct tapes.

Your problem could be the Zombies getting back up…? They do that now too, but I assume most people know this by now…

You forgot about lighters and matchbooks.
In 0.5, I had a 2x8 room filled shut with these, just for keeps.

beer,alcohol and duct tapes.[/quote]

Yeah, nothing you can’t get elsewhere more easily. It’s not really worthwhile.

[quote=“stone94, post:8, topic:1790”]Only one problem with your hiding places, everyone else will be thinking that as well, a huge mass of people praying as loudly as they can, ringing the dinner bell much!
and a police station, with a huge mass of people running towards salvation, with how many infected people amongst them, distasterous!
just stay home, destroy your stairs, fill the tub, lights off, and wait a few days for things to calm down.[/quote]

Indeed. Everything I stated is more or less situational; i.e if I realise what is happening fast enough to get my ass down to somewhere like the police station. If I realise too late, I’ll probably take stock of the situation beforehand-- aka if there’s a crowd outside the police or fire station, fuck that.
Besides, I don’t think the police would appreciate me mowing down people that aren’t undead yet.

Thankfully there’s a hunting store near me in a rather out of the way location that carries a bunch of crossbows, which is rare enough for rural England.