Anyone done a permanent winter? *SPOILERS*

The title asks the question. Has anyone set it up to be a “nuclear winter” where it never gets warm?

I think the only way to do it is make the starting season winter and setting the season days at max. I might do this next time…

I think Random_Dragon is doing a playthru as a barbarian in permanent winter.

I’ve done it once or twice, but that was awhile ago. I might go back and do it again after my current character dies…

Ja. Having started at 0 tailoring skill did not help. LAST time I tried a barbarian in a winter start, I’d modded the profession to add a fur cloak. But then again, that time I had item spawns at the lowest value, but eh.

This time I’m surprised how easily a simple blanket averted the cold unless it was raining. And with decent melee skill, not a lot of zombies colud dodge my axe even then. :V

Just need to be able to make an igloo! :stuck_out_tongue:

Being honest I think winter is one of the easiest to survive in, wilderness wise as most wildy mobs don’t spawn which make swamps completely safe.

Also, a tip - sewers still spawn rats and sewerahnas so if you’re running low on the noms, sewers are your best bet.

Food in CDDA is so renewable, especially when its just for 1 person, that once you got comfortable and clothed itd be relatively easy.

There is an permanent season option now.

It’s not that hard, proven that you don’t freeze at the start. It might be tricky to keep your hands Hands and mouth warm even with decent gear.

Eternal summer is probably harder. You will get a double penalty from a lot of storage/armor (AKA heat and encumbrance), and stuff will rot faster.

[quote=“John Candlebury, post:10, topic:11162”]It’s not that hard, proven that you don’t freeze at the start. It might be tricky to keep your hands Hands and mouth warm even with decent gear.

Eternal summer is probably harder. You will get a double penalty from a lot of storage/armor (AKA heat and encumbrance), and stuff will rot faster.[/quote]

True.

Now someone should do a nudist challenge in perma-winter. o3o

its called a car and mutations o.o

Cheater. ;.;

endless summer nudist! all you can wear is backpacks or something, and the melee skill would have to be pretty high to counteract the encumbrance.

Also I think there is an option to stop season change, to keep it always on the starting season.

Fun fact: severe radioactivity mutation heats you up as much as bear fur.
And you can stack it on top of bear fur.
And stacking those two is enough to make first level (-1 z-level, not 0) of ice lab just chilly.

Reminds me of that bug when bodytemp change due to fatigue and fatigue itself were uncapped. Anyone who drank enough atomic coffee would get scorched while naked in a snowstorm.

Nudist survivalist sounds !!!FUN!!!.. Might have to make a world just for that.

I wonder if there is anyway to make it even colder then normal?

Well, I discovered an entirely new sort of !!FUN!! to be had on perma-winter, as can be found here: https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/issues/14675

heh.

the right side of your house shouldnt be invisible at all, should it

[quote=“pisskop, post:19, topic:11162”]heh.

the right side of your house shouldnt be invisible at all, should it[/quote]

Seems to be a rendering bug from vanishing menus. This game just seems to get buggy and laggy in new and exciting ways, right after each new problem is fixed. x.x