Ambiguous description for charcoal water purifier

Item description is as follows:

“Using this item on a container full of water will purify the water using layered charcoal. Once the charcoal has purified enough water, it will become unusable and can be disassembled and recycled. Water taken from uncertain sources like a river may be dirty.”

Without ever having used this item, by this description it is unclear as to whether or not the final product is actually clean drinkable water when “taken from uncertain sources like a river”

My suggestion would be that the description be altered to better reflect the end product by removing the last sentence entirely (provided it is not required).

We already know the water is dirty because we are using a purifier on it.

i mean… it does seem kinda silly that the description has the line ‘water taken from uncertain sources like a river may be dirty’, when thats literally the function of the item, to clean it.

Perhaps changing the beginning line to ‘using this item on a container full of water will remove contaminants making it safe to drink.’ from that point forward you can describe the actual function of the charcoal water purifier, after you’ve gotten the simple, to the point, ‘this is what it does’ out of the way.

I agree, “… may be dirty” can be misleading, e.g. someone may assume that even after purification, water is still too dirty. So the last sentence can be removed. Or as an option, it can be changed to clarify that purified water is safe, e.g. "… Water taken from uncertain sources like a river may be dirty, that’s why you need purifier to make water clean and safe for drinking.
I see these 2 options - either remove misleading sentence or add a clarification. I think first option is better - danger of dirty water is rather obvious or at least can be easily figured out by player experimentation.