Aircraft In Game

This seems like one of those rabbit holes that will lead to me spending the next few days finally rebuilding that old laptop to run lubuntu like i’ve been meaning to.

I’ll get right on it

(edit to add: You do realize that me saying “Hey, I’ll write some prose for y’all” has snowballed into me learning JSON, git, and c++ this week?)

1 Like

Well, Good news that it could be done It’s too bad that nobody with the knowledge to do so seems highly interested in it.

There are definitely more pressing things to be fixed first. NPC AI and faction camps among them. But its something to look forward to.

That’s a shame for you, but people contribute the stuff they’re interested in. And again, I am interested in adding them eventually but there’s a lot of higher priority stuff first.

You could always sit inside the wrecked Ospreys making airplane noises.

9 Likes

If only wrecked aircraft were in game.
I remember a long time ago me and BrokenAdmin thought of making a mod that added empty UH-1 Helicopters in the world with military loot, but he got caught up in other work and never completed it.

There are wrecked aircraft. I found a wrecked apache or something and pulled the miniguns off of it.

My version must be old then, I never remember coming across intact or wrecked aircraft, identifiable wreckage that is

Are you running stable, or experimental? I find a couple wreckages in every field, if anything I think they’re too common.

Last experiential version the Google play CDDA is running, and up to date experiential on my pc

love to see planes too but there is bunch of potential that can be worked…

Crashed F-35,F-22,F-18 and F-16 with high end eletronics and 20mm Cannon’s and Bombs/Missile’s for IED’s

TBH, I’m a lot more interested in that than I am in getting airplanes.

Incidentally, I haven’t gotten far enough to find out in-game, but I still got to know… what the HELL managed to bring down those helicopter anyway? Do Zombies have Stinger missiles?

I would imagine that most bases were over run. Some even having specifically gathered specimens. That many people had been infected and tried to make a last ditch run for it to anywhere not where they were.

Turned in the air and crashed. Perhaps some one sniped them with all that military gear they found. Possibly someone who was not a pilot at all tried to make a run for it and took off into the air only to forget it was a gas eater and fell out of the sky.

Lotta possible scenarios =D

If you talk with some NPC’s about how they survived some talk about nuclear strikes some time after the day 0,remember that all helicopters crashed before day 4 or during day 4 ( in the helicopter crash scenario you wake up with your helicopter crashed) probably by some ICBM’s above new England failed and/or the portals to nether released a EMP and only shielded vehicles or vehicles that can start again after an EMP( because FUTURE) would survive as we have weaponized EMP’s this means that most vehicles are shielded or have the capabilities to come back online and the helicopters probably didn’t have the shield at all or crashed before it could fly again or failed to stabilize

1 Like

helicopter crashing… isn’t it referencing most zombie-themed movies and games? i often found scenario of helicopter crashing down due to the passenger of the heli were infected and turned…

i also believe that they crashed due to carrying 'Secret stash" ?

IIRC, Tactical Nukes were deployed; and I’d imagine the subsequent EMP from Nuclear detonation caused the Helicopters to crash.

cue Modern Warfare nuclear scene…

hell… now it reminds me of Resident Evil 3 ending…

Do I hear “add play pretend into the game” ?
Duly noted.

2 Likes