AIM fix side effect

I recently merged a package of fixes for the advanced inventory manager. One of 'em claimed to fix the directionals; mine acted up during testing and I wrote that off to their being wacky and the fix being overridden by my local settings. Rebound mine and all was well.

I was wrong: the “fix” appears to have erroneously rebound others’ settings as well. I’ll see about getting a correct fix up. If you’re using 2138, you may have to manually go in and unfix the “fix”. Hit ? in the advanced inventory manager to get to the keybindings screen for it, and rebind yours appropriately.

My apologies, all.

For what it’s worth, you did the right thing to merge it, KA101.

What ultimately happened is @BevapDin, in pull request 9180 effectively rewrote most of how the Advanced Inventory interface works. As part of that, he discovered that the keybinds were misnamed – the bindings named ITEMS_NW, _N, _NE, were actually for the southern tiles and _SW, _S, _SE were for the northern tiles.

Clearly unable to leave well enough alone (and wanting to remove confusion for future contributors), he fixed this, but anyone who has custom keybinds for any reason won’t have those keybindings update.

The unfortunate part is there’s no good way to fix this in the code, so it’s going to mean a minute or so of work for players who will need to either delete their custom bindings (these are found in config/keybindings.json in your Cataclysm folder), or just open Advanced Inventory, hit [?], and reset them.

For reference, 7, 8, and 9 are supposed to be North-West, North, and North-East, respectively; and 1, 2, and 3 are supposed to be South-West, South, and South-East, respectively.

And no blaming KA101 for this – we’d probably have merged this in regardless; he just happened to pull the trigger on it this time.

cf57820
SDL
Windows 8.1

I’m using 2141, and I got that keybind issue and fixed it by rebinding my keys, but then noticed another issue. I’m not sure if it’s related to these recent AIM changes, but it’s something of a coincidence if it’s not:

I can’t pick up anything using AIM anymore. I keep getting the message “Source area is the same as destination (Inventory).” I can move things from my inventory to somewhere else - just not the other way around.

I can use (,) to pick up everything (or try to), but I rarely find myself wanting to do that.

Edit: Oh, here we go; it works properly if I’m not standing on the same tile as the item/s I’m trying to pick up. I guess it’s considering that tile and the player inventory to be the same location (even though they’re not)?

Possibly related, regarding recent events:
I managed to overfill my car container by putting 190 flour (volume 19 total) into container with 4 free space. AIM lists it as 415/400.
Either AIM doesn’t display it right, or it is possible to overfill containers at the moment.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:4, topic:7431”]Possibly related, regarding recent events:
I managed to overfill my car container by putting 190 flour (volume 19 total) into container with 4 free space. AIM lists it as 415/400.
Either AIM doesn’t display it right, or it is possible to overfill containers at the moment.[/quote]

I’m compiling BevapDin’s fix now. Should be merged shortly.

Overfilling still possible as of eb7d93e.
Once again I triggered it by putting a large stack on a car container. From what I can tell, if I wielded this stack, it would all count as one item (wheat stacks, large stacks of dehydrated fruit etc.).

When single item of the stack would fit in the container and container already contains items of this type that stack like this, stacks combine and their total volume can exceed allowed volume.

[quote=“Coolthulhu, post:6, topic:7431”]Overfilling still possible as of eb7d93e.
Once again I triggered it by putting a large stack on a car container. From what I can tell, if I wielded this stack, it would all count as one item (wheat stacks, large stacks of dehydrated fruit etc.).

When single item of the stack would fit in the container and container already contains items of this type that stack like this, stacks combine and their total volume can exceed allowed volume.[/quote]

We needed that second paragraph earlier. I tested dropping a shit-ton of flour into a cart that didn’t contain any flour, and it properly stopped the count. Thanks for the update.

Sorry, I didn’t notice that it only does it when combining stacks when I first saw it happen.

Related: is wielding stacks intended? I can wield 150 sugar beets/wheats/etc. at once. It makes dragging large stacks around less tedious, but doesn’t really make sense and is relatively unsupported by the UI - you need to drop all items on a single stack for it to work, picking up a big stack and trying to pick another will not combine them. Also they need to share exact freshness, so it only works well with non-perishables.

That’s funkiness with how CDDA handles portioned items (everything that ‘stacks’ on the ground and displays number after the name instead of in front).
I’d rather not lose stacking-on-the-ground part.