Action Help

Hello people I am currently trying to make a mod which is supposed to make another method for cutting through metal doors and other barriers. What my original though was to reuse the action for the acetylene torch to allow it but apparently that action requires the tool to actually have acetylene. I am wondering how to add a action so that way I can make one that instead of using acetylene to use battery ammo. If this is not something that can be changed let me know.

I need to know if what I am trying to accomplish is possible and if so how.

Uh, this should probably be moved to code help subforum.

You could try looking at the code for bolt cutters instead, they use no ammo.

Acetylene torch code does almost everything that’s needed here. The message about acetylene doesn’t mean that the torch needs to be acetylene, only that it needs more charges.

The number of charges needed is hardcoded, though. It’s quite low (15 for a metal door).

If you copied the torch item, changed its ammo to batteries and allowed reloading it, it would work just fine, I think. Except it would consume stupidly low amount of batteries.

Acetylene torch code does almost everything that's needed here. The message about acetylene doesn't mean that the torch needs to be acetylene, only that it needs more charges.

The number of charges needed is hardcoded, though. It’s quite low (15 for a metal door).

If you copied the torch item, changed its ammo to batteries and allowed reloading it, it would work just fine, I think. Except it would consume stupidly low amount of batteries.

I tried that but according to it when I used the item it said. You don’t have enough acetylene to do that. Also according to my doings in .C it takes 40 charges per door not 15.