Acid spit mutation/bionic

well, thats pretty much it - mutation/bionic which would allows you to “spit” acid, like Z do, maybe comes in too versions: Mk1 - short range, one tile hit; Mk2 - longer range, multiple tiles (again, like Z do)
sure it intend for combat, but my primarily wish for it is for ability to clean all unwanted trash, junk items and such - pile some trash in one tile, spit a bit of acid, profit
p.s. oh wait, there is still no mutations which you can “use/activate” like bionics? well, then here is another suggestion :slight_smile:
but meanwhile, acid spit bionic - pretty please :slight_smile:

I’m not sure I could see it as a bionic.

I do agree, however, that once active mutations are in (which hopefully won’t be too long) that this would make a great addition to the list.

well, i couldn’t see stuff like night generator and chain lightning as bionics, but here they are…
acid can be quite realistically processed by bionic, i will not go into chemistry for now, but its not impossible, so if player have at least one finger free from lasers, soldering irons, screwdrivers, flamethrowers and other advanced cyborg junk - we’ll make it “exit point”

btw, another variant comes to my mind - plastic water gun (you know, child toy) + some acid from car battery storage = acidthrower :slight_smile:

Chain lightning sort of makes sense, electricity is more in the realm of bionics then mutations (other then maybe a defensive shock, similar to electric eels).

As for artificial night I’m blaming that one on devs prior to CDDA. The only real reason it’s in the game right now (despite its obviously physics problems) is that the description was added long ago and it was just missing an effect. All we did was add an effect to the bionic, since it had been there for so long we didn’t want to just remove it.

I could see it as a bionic. It could enhance your intestines’ stomach acid production, and then syphon it off to be squirted from a nozzle somewhere. If you want to get really nasty, the bionic could insulate your esophagus and then employ the gag reflex to make you projectile-vomit acid.

you do understand HOW much voltage you need for such effect? this is not AA battery from mp3-player :wink:

what i meant by “quite realistically” is what technologically it is even less advanced than 75% of all other bionics what already in game, its more of extending processes which human body already have (basically, just another chunk of hardware to concentrate and process stomach acid), than adding something completly new (well, besides acidthrowing finger :slight_smile: )
just one question - how exactly “internal furnace” works? does it really burn stuff like furnace (which is not even night generator…) or more like extended natural
digesting system? i’ll hope you see where i’m going

add:
well, here’s MarkB said what my bad english did not allowed me :slight_smile:

you do understand HOW much voltage you need for such effect? this is not AA battery from mp3-player ;)[/quote]
I know exactly what it would require (I once spent a fairly large chunk of time figuring out the physics behind a lightning gun). The point is that Chain lightning is more based on a scientific method then a biological one (no living creatures currently can shoot electricity through the air, but we have things like tesla coils that do it all the time).

I could see it as a bionic. It could enhance your intestines’ stomach acid production, and then syphon it off to be squirted from a nozzle somewhere. If you want to get really nasty, the bionic could insulate your esophagus and then employ the gag reflex to make you projectile-vomit acid.[/quote]
It would be enhancing a biological mechanism by making it stronger, and not by replacing it with some sort of mechanical replacement. That’s the realm of mutations, not CBM’s. Also the current example of this in-game uses ooze-based mutations, not CBM’s.

it works like “expande digestive system”, added/replaced/enhanced - its just rhetoric, you can write everything what fits in description
"You have been outfited with synthetic stomach which process highly concetrated …" you know, something like this

Then word it differently. It adds an artificial organ to produce acid from bodily fluids, and a high-pressure spray mechanism built into the character’s left forearm. That’s no more “enhancing an existing mechanism” than the metabolic exchange or the blood filter.

Why can’t the nozzle be under the tongue so we could really spit the acid? That’s the first image I had anyways.

You try spitting acid without your mouth melting off.

That’s part of it. Makes NPCs hostile on site.