Acetylene torch refuel

hi!
acetylene torch is very good thing in CDDA - it’s lightweighted and compact but hard to find. i have from two small cities only two torches. its not good.

we need acetylene generator to refill acetylene torch.
or maybe we maybe sometimes get acetylene welder (copper tube3+rubber hose(…???..!!!)5+scrap metal*(x) OMG we forget Oxygene - well O2 we get from… ok O2 we may get from water by electrolysis (truck battery + 2 plastic bottle + 2 copper wire + rubber hose. also we need metal wire as solder for welding) .
to get calcium carbide for acetylene generator we need Fire, coal and limestone and cooking 3 quality container. i think it may be pan.
coal we get from charcoal oven

is my idea good or wrong?
ahh! my sclerosis! we forget to craft acetylene generator - let it be pressure-cooker and of course rubber hose.

but - is acetylene torch refillable? maybe it is a main question.

I don’t think improvised acetylene welder should be possible. Sounds like a good way to create an explosion and not a welder.

The survivor does not have access to factory-grade electric arc furnace. That would probably need to be an entire building, not an item.

Yeah, the acetylene torches are a non-renewable resource; enjoy them while you have them!

but we can get a high temperature by electric arc.
Stop! Well, of course - the crucible and electric welding!
this combo give us high temp needed for reaction.

I have a small but conceptual question - whether to let humanity melt metal?
Well, I do not know, maybe Majestic tvelve decided that after a zombie apocalypse people can not melt metal, and because programmers of CDDA will not do it. :wink:

and then - good-bye, metal casting and renewable acetylene. :frowning:
left to live in the Stone Age.

Not necessary. While it may be too hard for Suvivors to make Acetylene, there are other welding variants - You can weld by using Gasoline or Hydrogen - both obviously mixed with Oxygen (Oxy-Petrol / Oxy-Hydrogen.) ; Oxy-Petrol apparently worked even better than Oxy-Acetylene (at least google claims that), while Hydrogen works very well too, but it unsuitable to cut Steel and other ferrous materialls because it would cause so called Hydrogen Embrittlement. Still, a refuelable Oxy/Gasoline Wellder or Oxy/Hydrogen Welder could be feasible. You’d dont even have to make an item with 2 different ammo/fuell types, just craft special tanks for it (Wiki says Oxy/hydrogen mixture woul be around 1:2 ratio, and Gasoline wellding apparently even works with normal air, although probably at a rather low temperature.)