About weapons - summary table in Excel format

Hi!

i need

I need to somehow get a list of weapons the game with all the characteristics in Excel spreadsheet.
I want to try to calculate DPS, or damage per second. - That is, I want to find weapons of the fastest and most deadly, if we exclude the heavy weapons.
that is, if we restrict guns rifles as well as melee weapons - it would be very nice. because in the fight against hordes of Blobs - you need a very quick weapon - fast enough, even if you are wearing armor and a lot of different things on the type of stuff the backpacks of different types.

need a table with data on long range and melee weapons.

may i get this easily? how can i get this?

Write a json parser (i was under the impression that such a thing existed somewhere already) and generate the excel table yourself. (or use a json-> excel utility, but then you’d have to do lots of cleanup)

Everything with a flag durable_melee should be considered as a melee weapon. (and still you’d miss some ok choices) Also, these will not all be in the same json.

For ranged, type:“AMMO” and type:“GUN” should suffice for identification.

PS. jsons reside in the ./data/json/ folder

[quote=“vivat, post:1, topic:10069”]Hi!

i need

I need to somehow get a list of weapons the game with all the characteristics in Excel spreadsheet.
I want to try to calculate DPS, or damage per second. - That is, I want to find weapons of the fastest and most deadly, if we exclude the heavy weapons.
that is, if we restrict guns rifles as well as melee weapons - it would be very nice. because in the fight against hordes of Blobs - you need a very quick weapon - fast enough, even if you are wearing armor and a lot of different things on the type of stuff the backpacks of different types.

need a table with data on long range and melee weapons.

may i get this easily? how can i get this?[/quote]

By “easily” if you mean, readymade (by someone), the answer would be no. There is no such data available, and if it is available then its probably not as an Excel spreadsheet. Plus Excel is a proprietary format, and that means lots of compatibility and parsing problems, etc; so creating one automatically would be a pain in the a*s.

But creating such data is easy (if you need). iirc, the data for the weapons, weapon-stats, etc is present as json documents (included with cdda if I’m correct). You can write a json-parser to parse that data and save it in an organized document, the format of the document doesn’t matter much, though plaintext would be a lot easier than excel imo.

Parsing JSON is very easy, unlike parsing YAML or any other structured data, json requires very simple algorithms, and thats why json parsers are available for practically every language. jsmn for C, GSon for java; heck there’s even an implementation for awk. Look up json.org to find the parser of your choice.

This should be easy, assuming you study those json files enough to organize them in one single structure. I don’t know much about this since I don’t have a good idea of how cdda handles those files. [cataclysm-directory]/data contains most of the json files (and other data related to the game), and I guess the ones you’re looking for should be in data/json. Though I’ll recommend you to do a little more research.

Thanks.

1 Like