So I have a few questions:
- Can I make a base in a city that is still infested but have traps outside my house?
- What can I cut up to give me leather so I can make fetchlings (I think thats what they’re called)
- What skills do I need to make better than wood arrows?
- Is there any bow better than the long bow? And if so what skills do I need?
- With a lvl 4 archery skill can I take out skeletons, smokers and brutes?
- Why do I see damn fungaloid like 300 tiles away from the damn spire?!
- Is there anything good in office towers?
[quote=“i2amroy, post:2, topic:2214”]1) Yes. You can make a base anywhere you like (how safe said base would be is up for debate).
2) Use plastic bags or feathers (crow drop) to make fletchings.
3) Archery IIRC
4) The best bow is the reflex recurve bow.
5) Skeletons and smokers are always hard to take out with ranged weaponry due to their ability to dodge ranged attacks or smoke.
6) I think this one has been adjusted in the current dev version, I’m not 100% sure. Also keep in mind there could be a spire nearby hidden in one of the forests.
7) Not really.[/quote] 3) Stupid question but what is IIRC?
- What skills do I need?
[quote=“Xetari, post:4, topic:2214”]IIRC = If I recall correctly
http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Reflex_recurve_bow[/quote] Thank you! Also I just fought a smoker, worst time of my life ._… I inhaled smoke but I don’t know what I should do.
Switch to a filter or gas mask before entering in the smoke. On a side note, mouth encumbrance, despite it showing an increase on your character menu (@ key), currently has no actual effect on your character so feel free to keep the filter mask on as long as you want.
As far as how to deal with the negative effects of inhaling smoke, I think it just goes away with time.
Okay I wasn’t sure if filter masks helped with smoke or not. I hate to bother but when can I make metal arrows?
As a final product, metal arrow requires 7 archery and 1 mechanic. A weaker metal alternative would be “sharpened metal arrow” which requires 5 archery and 1 mechanic.
Refer to the crafting section under “Ammo” of the wiki for more information.