A few questions about vehicle construction

I am pretty sure that quarter panels don’t actually block bullets, I remember being shot through them several times in the past

I’ve seen mounted brownings rip them to shreds, either turrets are just set to kill maim destroy mode on inanimate objects too now or they catch bullets.

[quote=“Natures Witness, post:19, topic:4791”][quote=“DG123, post:10, topic:4791”]Wait, so quarterpanels block bullets heading for your face despite actually not being in a position to block anything passing above them?

Hm. So if I make a really long “bonnet” out of quarterpanels and hard plating, bullets can’t actually reach the windscreen area?

Kind of silly, but I can work with that.[/quote]

As the person who made the quarterpanels, I must admit I’m deeply embarrassed about this. I meant the quarterpanels to just be a way to close up some holes in some of the smaller vehicles, and to make vehicles feel more “solid” so you couldn’t casually stroll right across one. Instead, I ended up making a superpart that makes windshield redundant.

Sorry about that.[/quote]

So… in terms of damage resistance (from bullets), how do quarter panels, windscreens, and reinforced windscreens compare?

Also how about collisions for that matter?

[quote=“DG123, post:23, topic:4791”][quote=“Natures Witness, post:19, topic:4791”][quote=“DG123, post:10, topic:4791”]Wait, so quarterpanels block bullets heading for your face despite actually not being in a position to block anything passing above them?

Hm. So if I make a really long “bonnet” out of quarterpanels and hard plating, bullets can’t actually reach the windscreen area?

Kind of silly, but I can work with that.[/quote]

As the person who made the quarterpanels, I must admit I’m deeply embarrassed about this. I meant the quarterpanels to just be a way to close up some holes in some of the smaller vehicles, and to make vehicles feel more “solid” so you couldn’t casually stroll right across one. Instead, I ended up making a superpart that makes windshield redundant.

Sorry about that.[/quote]

So… in terms of damage resistance (from bullets), how do quarter panels, windscreens, and reinforced windscreens compare?

Also how about collisions for that matter?[/quote]

Reinforced Windshields on both points. But not by much.

Hm. Worth having around my cab though, I think… Not as the first line of defence of course, considering how hard the damn things are to make.

Although Doors do this too. Solid + keep out rain + see-through.

Something else I’ve yet to work out is vehicle turrets. How do you need to place them so they can actually shoot things?

I mean… judging from what I’ve seen other projectiles do in game, they’d need to be on the very outer surface of the vehicle, otherwise they’d have to bore holes through it to hit anything… right?

Yeah, You’ve got to put them on the outside of the vehicle, and put ammo in them. Not in a trunk, in the actual turret itself.