2nd Engine Prerequisites changed?

I was tampering with vehicles to extend my operative radius and my usual “Tribike” setup (With Mechanics 13) isn’t working properly. I use Foot Pedals as the basic engine and usually I add a small electrical motor… But for some reasson on 0.B the option to install one isn’t appearing. Speaking from memory the last time I played (0.9) at mechanics 12 you could add a 2nd engine so… Am I missing some detail here? (I’m using extra-light-frames, instead of the regular ones, to be able to pull the tribike itself, just in case there is a limit per frame-type to the engines you can mount).

I didn’t think you could mix engine types, or at least not pedal and anything else. Could be wrong about that though.

Foot Pedals won’t work with any other engine.

Actually, you can in experimental versions, but yeah not in .B.

Yep, some good work in the vehicle code. Coolthulhu’s done well.

I think Foot Pedals and Small Electric Motor would be cool, like a E-Bike/Scooter IRL.

Actually, that was not me. I think malhawee did most (if not all) of the bicycle modernization code.
I was fiddling with remote controlled vehicles at that time.

It’s in, just quite rare.

Actually, that was not me. I think malhawee did most (if not all) of the bicycle modernization code.
I was fiddling with remote controlled vehicles at that time.

It’s in, just quite rare.[/quote]

Gagh, so it was. Sorry, malhawee.

Actually, you can in experimental versions, but yeah not in .B.[/quote]

Time to make an electric shopping-cart-bike.

Sorry then for misleading, didn’t even try out new vehicles.

Thanks for the answers… Time to adapt, I guess. I will have to create my mobile base sooner than expected. Any plans for been able to store a small vehicle into another? The reasson I like my Tribike setup is that is small and nimble enough to scout cities without having to steamroll anything.

Normal vehicles would be tricky, but folded vehicles should pack away neatly. Try the folding shopping cart basket for storage.

Electric motors can’t fit on a folding vehicle, but smaller batteries and alternators can, so you can just install one after unfolding. Foot cranks and hand rims also fold nicely.

Again, I’m speaking about the Experimental releases. I don’t recall what all was in 0.B, but “experimental” builds are almost always just as stable as official “stable” releases, just with more content.