[288 Jenkins] My Volume Fire, My My

I like playing this build, because it’s very strict on the player with the item spawning. Also, I killed a squirrel with a blowgun dart “for 0 damage”, but that’s a whole other thing…
But now, you know how pharmacies sell drugs nowadays, and that is almost everywhere? Especially those perscription drugs… you get ‘em in small paper bags or even small plastic bottles that are still about from here to there. Those things fit in your sneakers for Christ’ sake. I get the drill with bud and stuff that’s not always processed so it grows larger in volume, but aspirin? Really? 10 Dayquills are volume 1? 10 Nyquills in my drawer, stacked and wrapped aren’t even near of being one cigarette lighter. And you can pack those things as many as you want - you can even stuff the inside of your jacket with them. When I only think of some pistols that are 2 in volume… I just hate the fact that I must leave ONE Tramadol behind to pack everything and flee the building.

Another mistake, fires are being wise again… they don’t smoke, but now they play friends with Zs. I made a nice little pile of a dozen Zs, started to roast 'em with what was already there and quickly threw in two hSticks from the broken windows nearby. I’ve decided to drop by the next day, and the Zs were about to rise and attack me - sticks still there and with a small fire, the whole lot I’ve left there.
I don’t like calling Zombies the next day after I kill and leave 'em on the street, so please look into this. :slight_smile:

Thank you, team.

[quote=“vultures, post:1, topic:2959”]I like playing this build, because it’s very strict on the player with the item spawning. Also, I killed a squirrel with a blowgun dart “for 0 damage”, but that’s a whole other thing…
But now, you know how pharmacies sell drugs nowadays, and that is almost everywhere? Especially those perscription drugs… you get ‘em in small paper bags or even small plastic bottles that are still about from here to there. Those things fit in your sneakers for Christ’ sake. I get the drill with bud and stuff that’s not always processed so it grows larger in volume, but aspirin? Really? 10 Dayquills are volume 1? 10 Nyquills in my drawer, stacked and wrapped aren’t even near of being one cigarette lighter. And you can pack those things as many as you want - you can even stuff the inside of your jacket with them. When I only think of some pistols that are 2 in volume… I just hate the fact that I must leave ONE Tramadol behind to pack everything and flee the building.

Another mistake, fires are being wise again… they don’t smoke, but now they play friends with Zs. I made a nice little pile of a dozen Zs, started to roast 'em with what was already there and quickly threw in two hSticks from the broken windows nearby. I’ve decided to drop by the next day, and the Zs were about to rise and attack me - sticks still there and with a small fire, the whole lot I’ve left there.
I don’t like calling Zombies the next day after I kill and leave 'em on the street, so please look into this. :slight_smile:

Thank you, team.[/quote]

Didn’t know you could make a blow dart gun sweet.

As for the ny/dayquil, i think its the liquid kind, in the small bottles, not the pills.
although, yeah, pills would be much more convenient.

Using a mass fire to kill town zeds is a great idea, might give that a try.

In the options (at least for the build I use) there is an option to turn off zombie reanimation.

I do agree though that the drugs seem strangely large. And I don’t think they are the liquid kind, those would be in plastic bottles (like disinfectant) I’m guessing.

For some time I remember needing 100 pills to make a volume and that was nice. Maybe go to 50 if 100 was too much.

To give an example anyone can try at home: Jeans give 2 volume for four pockets, 1/2 V per pocket. (or 1 per if we don’t count the back pockets) How many Advil can you drop in one pocket? I’m not entirely sure how many could fit but more then 5 (or 10) I’d say.

In the options (at least for the build I use) there is an option to turn off zombie reanimation.

I do agree though that the drugs seem strangely large. And I don’t think they are the liquid kind, those would be in plastic bottles (like disinfectant) I’m guessing.

For some time I remember needing 100 pills to make a volume and that was nice. Maybe go to 50 if 100 was too much.

To give an example anyone can try at home: Jeans give 2 volume for four pockets, 1/2 V per pocket. (or 1 per if we don’t count the back pockets) How many Advil can you drop in one pocket? I’m not entirely sure how many could fit but more then 5 (or 10) I’d say.[/quote]

Kevin’s been wanting to make zed reanimation mandatory. At this point, that’s probably gonna happen.

I agree that pills ought to take less room, though it depends on their container. “Blister pack” or “pill bottle” take up more room than “pills”.

Volume does really need to be looked at similar to the weight rewrite, I’m just busy dreading having to find respective volumes for all the different items. (I mean weight was bad enough, but volume? :P)

I was happy to see the trunks fixed with volume, because it’s a RL and you should make choices along the way, and always make the right ones just before. But let’s just fill in the blanks first, the bill of health greatly depends on preparing for the danger and the repercussions. So a Nyquil should take up volume like, say, flour? Not being weighed like we’re on Jupiter?

We’re lucky to have you i2amroy, but Cataclysm’s no place to get heat from if you’re packing tranquilizers.
:slight_smile: