[16303de] Folding vehicles sometimes crashes the game

Experimental version #2650, Windows console version, running on Windows Vista. Exactly what it says on the tin–sometimes the game crashes when trying to fold a foldable vehicle. It’s happened to me more than once. :frowning:

Any pattern or tips for reproducing the crash?

I’ll check and see.

UPDATE: I managed to reproduce it. I folded and unfolded it a few times without incident, but then I installed chitin plating (I recall having done this before the crash to test whether I could fold it afterwards), checked the “control vehicle” menu (no, I cannot fold it with chitin plating), and then removed the chitin plating. I then attempted to fold it again, and crash.

I’ll check and see.

UPDATE: I managed to reproduce it. I folded and unfolded it a few times without incident, but then I installed chitin plating (I recall having done this before the crash to test whether I could fold it afterwards), checked the “control vehicle” menu (no, I cannot fold it with chitin plating), and then removed the chitin plating. I then attempted to fold it again, and crash.[/quote]

OK, “after removing a non-foldable part, it crashes”; that’s a start. Thanks for reporting–greatly simplifies crash-hunts if we know what to do once we’ve attached the debugger. :slight_smile:

I’m glad I could help! Thank you for everything.

OK, made a cart (no handle: folding frame, basket, and controls) and after trying both a small wheel and chitin armor, it didn’t crash.

Got a save?

[quote=“KA101, post:6, topic:8658”]OK, made a cart (no handle: folding frame, basket, and controls) and after trying both a small wheel and chitin armor, it didn’t crash.

Got a save?[/quote]

I’ll drive my car back home and play with the folding vehicle some more, make sure I can still replicate, and then pass it along.

I think mine does have a handle, though. It also has a foldable seat; maybe me stacking a foldable seat and a folding shopping cart basket on the same tile is part of the issue. That in itself is probably a bug.

UPDATE: I’m not having luck replicating at the moment, either. It seems like the issue is intermittent at most. But I’ll see about uploading a save anyway.

try installing floodlights and folding, it crashes too…

Floodlight, battery, seat, and handle (though that had to go on a second tile) added. No crash. :-/

I have the handle on the first tile. I do that by starting with a frame, then adding a handle on a second tile, then removing the frame, then building on the handle tile.

I have the handle on the first tile. I do that by starting with a frame, then adding a handle on a second tile, then removing the frame, then building on the handle tile.[/quote]

Hmm. Pretty sure it’s not expecting that, but if others are having the problem too that wouldn’t be the only cause.