100 "best" weapons

[quote=“EditorRUS, post:39, topic:10327”]

another problem with excess damage is bodies - with enough damage you destroy them with the swing, which is usually good, but not when you gib a zombie scientist (and lose a potential CBM).

It’s insanely hard to gib anything but a squirrel. Even if you have the best weapon available (except for Mjolnir) you will not gib zombies. By the time you get able to gib a zombie, you don’t care about CBMs or zombies at all. You are WAAAAAY beyond OP.[/quote]

with a reinforced katana and niten ichy-ryu i gib at least one in 7-8 zombie scientists, with melee 6 and cutting 6.

Yeah, i am OP, but i still want those power CBM’s to drop.

I might be missing something here but I’ve never ever gibbed a zombie in normal conditions even with a lot of skill (40 melee and 15 cutting) and awesome weapon (diamond katana), STR = 15. I do remember though I’ve been literally cutting pieces of zombies back then, but it’s not gibbing. Not the case if I have hydraulics muscles on, though. I feel old. That’s what I’ve been used to have in 0.B.

I think Niten Ichy-Ryu is the missing piece of puzzle. It gives bonus damage with perception (which i had 11 or 12) and gibs only happen with a critical of course (about 250-300 damage). I think i had about 18 Str too.

Niten has both the scaling bonuses from perception (at 12 it’s a total of 24 damage) and flowing water, which doubles damage on non-crit (at the cost of almost-doubling move cost).

Melee doesn’t directly buff damage.
Strength does, but only bashing and the effect isn’t huge. On average, it’s str/4+(str-9)/2+(str-20)*1.5 dropping the negative ones. At 16 str, it wouldn’t go above 11, before scaling.

So a flowing water hit by a 12 per character with a katana would be (4+38+12+12)*2=132 without any strength bonuses and skill scaling.
With str 16 and a good hit, it would be: (4+11+38+12+12)*2 = 154

At 7 skill, bashing and cutting both get 20% boost to damage. So 185 damage.

Alternatively, we could get a crit and get a fire+stone cut, for 150% damage, but also a crit boost.
In this case damage would be (this time separately bashing/cutting):
Bashing: (4+11+8+12)1.21.51.5 = 84
Cutting: (38+12)1.21.6
1.5 = 144
Total: 63+96=228

Scientist has 80 hp. Corpse damage is 5*(overflow/2/maxhp). If overflow>150 and corpse damage>5, gib. Overflow is a float and so not lost to fractions.
A 228 hit has 148 overflow and 4.6 corpse damage. Shouldn’t gib, but if the zed is damaged, it easily can gib.
A 241 hit would have 161 overflow, 5.03 corpse damage and thus would gib a full hp scientist.

Nice breakdown but still there is totally no point in achieving higher damage output past some point where most enemies are killed after a hit.

Unless you’re expecting to fight shoggoths, of course.

Or jabberwoks, or horrors that live in the depths of SPOILERS

Drr…drr…?

Tekeli-li sounds better.

and those giant slug things I ran across… That thing was actually scarier then a Shoggoth. 2 incendiary grenades and constant sniper fire to finally get the SOB dead. Without the fire burning on it, the regen was insane. It didn’t help I only had like a 2 rifle skill as I was trying to go melee, but I wasn’t going to melee it when I saw a HULK melt to it…