0.C-8969-g2834c95 - Ultimate Thirst Quencher - Unlimited water bug

Having had no plastic bottles on hand, I set up a brazier and lit a fire in the bathroom. I used a frying pan to boil water, and drank out of my hands. The UI then prompted me (again) to select a container. I hit escape, and drank out of my hands. The UI then prompted me (again) to select a container. I hit escape, and drank out of my hands. I was soon slaked. This repeated until I elected to pour water on the ground. Only one unit of water was consumed from the toilet, uh, cistern.

Oh, and then the game promptly crashed.

I think the infinite toilet water bug was fixed in a later experimental. we’re up to 0.C-9183 now

Well, you thought wrong. (Sorry!)

I’m still getting free water. I wasn’t drinking from the toilet this time, but I doubt that matters.

edit:I should note, and I’m changing the subject line to reflect this, I’ve updated my game (and started a new world) to 0.C-9420-gfcdeea5

When crafting clean water from nearby toilet and implicitly using the water from the toilet as the source of the dirty water, it will consume that water and eventually exhaust it all. It previously was not the case. I fixed that problem with https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/14517 1 month ago.

If you can still craft infinite clean water from a nearby toilet, please provide the steps you used to do it with the latest experimental and I’ll check it out. The default toilet should hold 6 liters of water or 24 charges which mean that you should not be able to craft the 25th charge.

I’ll try to reproduce it but either way, something is not working as intended, as I never specified (nor did it ask me) that I would like to craft more than a single unit. This is not an issue specific to toilets, as it occurred most recently drawing dirty water from 3L jugs I was keeping in my stockpile. Note my version number is 0.C-9420-gfcdeea5 — not more than a day old, since I started using the auto-updater.

Sounds like the bug is in liquid handling that occurs after crafting, not the liquid consumption.
Probably the same bug that causes double y/n prompt when 'e’xamining a toilet/river.

Save Folder

Steps to take:
& > > (clean water)
on prompt “select a container” press esc
would you like to drink from your hands?

[ul][li]no? --> goes back to select container
[/li]
[li]yes? --> goes back to select container (and the player becomes less thirsty)
[/li][/ul]

This can be performed ad inifinitum, despite drawing water from a plastic bottle on the floor containing only 2 units.

[quote=“TacticalPteridactyl, post:7, topic:11226”]Save Folder

Steps to take:
& > > (clean water)
on prompt “select a container” press esc
would you like to drink from your hands?

[ul][li]no? --> goes back to select container
[/li]
[li]yes? --> goes back to select container (and the player becomes less thirsty)
[/li][/ul]

This can be performed ad inifinitum, despite drawing water from a plastic bottle on the floor containing only 2 units.[/quote]

This new bug should be fixed with https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/pull/14925 .

I just got around to checking and — yep! Issue resolved! Hooray! Thank you!